Not open for further replies.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Is giving money to beggars justified as helping them

Wat about they do some work and earn some money

In my opinion giving money to beggars is not helping them

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Encouraging beggary is the most pathetic thing in this world. Its an insult to the person working and making his living with hard work.Its an insult to humanity.
Its an insult to self respect.
This topic is even beyond discussion...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I don't support giving alms to beggars...

U know a lot of people mix giving alms with religious reasons and support it. Intil the mindset doesn't change, nothing will change...

beggary should not be promoted in any form. however the disabled and old can be made exception to that but not small children as they will grow up with the same habit of begging rather than demanding it when they deserve it !

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
If you have a little spare change, I don't see the harm in letting it go to whoever is asking

jayantr7

In the zone
"if you are born poor,it's not your your mistake,
but if you die poor,it's obviosly your mistake"
--bill gates[but now me]

give $$$ to hanicaps and olds.....
untill you have power and your body you are never poor...you have the most valuable parts......work hard for achieving something

Krow

Crowman
If you have a little spare change, I don't see the harm in letting it go to whoever is asking

I'd rather buy them a chocolate or give them some food. From what I know, the money we give them is mostly misused to buy cigarettes, alcohol and drugs.

Raghav Talwar

Broken In
I'd rather buy them a chocolate or give them some food. From what I know, the money we give them is mostly misused to buy cigarettes, alcohol and drugs.

True!

And guys, where do you think these guys live?
Have you seen beggar 'dhanda' in slumdog millionaire? That's pretty much the way it is!
Those beggars hand over the money to the boss. In return they get food and shelter.

So every time you give change to a beggar, you make such business thrive!

ankushkool

Youngling
^^ thats totally true!

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Well.....I support giving money to the handicapped and older persons. But not to the young and eligible beggars.

read this: :shock:

*www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews...s-deliberately-crippling-children-profit.html

so if we r giving money! we r encouraging them!!!

amohit

Broken In
I generally used to give them some biscuits or buns, but only after opening the packet or taking a bite out of the bun. This was to discourage them from going back to the shop and returning it in exchange of money. But these days..they have stopped accepting such things, hence I have stopped giving them anything.

I do, at times feel the urge to give something to a handicapped beggar...but then there is a fair chance that I may be promoting an industry where kids are kidnapped and mutilated to get them to this stage.

So, no coins from me. Only food and that too they will have to share a part of it with me!

Regards,

Raghav Talwar

Broken In
Yeah, you guys are right!
Giving some food is definitely better than giving them money.

I've seen these guys smoking and stuff......

kiranm516

Revolutionary
Well.....I support giving money to the handicapped and older persons. But not to the young and eligible beggars.
Yep! i agree with you, now adays begging has become more in india bcoz as they can earn same money without doing any work, but donating to old people and handicapped one can be accepted as they cannot work. Please don't donate to normal healthy people, if we donate more begizens increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom