Should I trust Flipkart.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Hi all!
I have recently purchased a new computer and want to play games on it. I tried to search for many games in the market, but all I found was pirated disks or original disks of old games. I can purchase online, but my dad doesn't like paying online and wont give Credit Card details or bank details etc to some online site. I got to know that Flipkart.com has Cash-on-Delivery facility. So before registering, I want to ask that is it trustable? Will I get disks in time or in proper condition? And can I return them if they doesn't work fine?

Is there any other website that takes cash on delivery? :D

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yup, you can really trust Flipkart. They are the best online shopping site I've seen yet. Fast delivery, good packaging and mainly best customer care.

deathwish

Are you dead yet?
Though I haven't had any personal experience with FlipKart, through some friends I know that it is a trustworthy site. It is one of India finest e-commerce sites, and as reliable a site as you can find. Since it seems you are new to online shopping, I can give you a few tips which I learnt along the way:
1. Make sure you check the details of the object you want to buy carefully before deciding to buy it. Sometimes the price is lowered for a reason. Go check some reviews as well.
2. Enter your details carefully. Even a small error can prolong your delivery by a significant amount of time.
3. Contact the vendor. Ask him how he is going to send the product to you (especially for international purchases). Different vendors have different methods of shipping products

Anyway, you should go ahead and buy something. Embrace such e-commerce sites. They are extremely useful and can be a handy tool. I personally feel you should buy something of nominal value first, to encourage that familiarity with the site, and get your father to be open towards such methods of shopping before proceeding towards more extravagant purchases.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I have purchased four books at flipkart till now (using Cash on Delivery) and they are just amazing. The book that I ordered day before yesterday night was delivered to my place this morning. And the tracking is superb too. And here's how my recent purchase was shipped to my place:

Date Description Location
Fri, 24-06-2011 | 11:17 AM Out For Delivery Bengaluru
Thu, 23-06-2011 | 05:06 PM Received At Flipkart Facility Bengaluru
Wed, 22-06-2011 | 10:22 PM In Transit To Flipkart Facility Bengaluru
Wed, 22-06-2011 | 09:28 PM Received At Flipkart Facility New Delhi
Wed, 22-06-2011 | 09:14 PM In Transit To Flipkart Facility New Delhi

Whether they will replace a game DVD that doesn't work, you need to check with them as it is better that I don't answer that question on assumption.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yup many people got hi-end mobiles, I personally got books above Rs. 1000/- and they are really trustable. Don't worry..!! :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I have purchased four books at flipkart till now (using Cash on Delivery) and they are just amazing. The book that I ordered day before yesterday night was delivered to my place this morning. And the tracking is superb too. And here's how my recent purchase was shipped to my place:

Date Description Location
Fri, 24-06-2011 | 11:17 AM Out For Delivery Bengaluru
Thu, 23-06-2011 | 05:06 PM Received At Flipkart Facility Bengaluru
Wed, 22-06-2011 | 10:22 PM In Transit To Flipkart Facility Bengaluru
Wed, 22-06-2011 | 09:28 PM Received At Flipkart Facility New Delhi
Wed, 22-06-2011 | 09:14 PM In Transit To Flipkart Facility New Delhi

Whether they will replace a game DVD that doesn't work, you need to check with them as it is better that I don't answer that question on assumption.

and do tell your dad that sooner or later, he has to use that card to make e-shopping. it is inevitable :D

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Thanks everyone! :D Happy to hear that I can trust it.

and do tell your dad that sooner or later, he has to use that card to make e-shopping. it is inevitable

I have tried to convince him many times. He doesn't agree. He only makes payments online to government hotels, govt offices etc, nothing else! But anyways, with COD, its easy to buy online :D

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i'll be getting an external HDD & flipkart have some nice deals. so can anyone with experience tell how this COD option works?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Hit the button now, order a lot of games. And then return them saying late delivery.

i'll be getting an external HDD & flipkart have some nice deals. so can anyone with experience tell how this COD option works?

COD is available on some items (not for costlier ones) and you pay the charges when the courier delivery guy hand over the product.

While checking out just check the cash of delivery option as payment method. You will get order confirmation on your mobile. Also you can see the order status in My Orders.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
COD is available on some items (not for costlier ones) and you pay the charges when the courier delivery guy hand over the product.

While checking out just check the cash of delivery option as payment method. You will get order confirmation on your mobile. Also you can see the order status in My Orders.

i checked. it has COD option.

sounds simple. thanks :smile:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Thanks everyone! :D Happy to hear that I can trust it.

I have tried to convince him many times. He doesn't agree. He only makes payments online to government hotels, govt offices etc, nothing else! But anyways, with COD, its easy to buy online :D

oops. tell him that government hotels and offices websites are lot lot easier to hack than the sites like flipkart. Make him read this:

Security Expert Claims Vast Majority of Indian Government Websites Are Insecure - Softpedia

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
oops. tell him that government hotels and offices websites are lot lot easier to hack than the sites like flipkart. Make him read this:

Security Expert Claims Vast Majority of Indian Government Websites Are Insecure - Softpedia

Interesting...
Now he will even stop online payments for govt websites. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom