Should i go in for the athlon64 2800+ compared to the 3000+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
If you're talking about Socket 754 CPUs, it depends on your needs and expectations. For most applications, you'll hardly ever notice the difference between 2800+ and 3000+. Personally, I'd spend the 2k for something else such as a better gfx card, more RAM, speakers, etc. These things will produce a much more noticeable difference in performance. However, if your budget allows you to buy all these other things AND a 3000+, then go for it.

OTOH, 3000+ is the lowest processor available in socket 939. The advantage of S939 is that motherboards with more future-oriented features are available for them, such as PCI-E slots.

I use the term "future-oriented" instead of "future-proof" because nothing is really future-proof in computers except for a short period of time.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I would strictly advise you to look into the aforementioned processor's reviews (here's one from xibitlabs.com) and to decide for yourselves if the perf diff u see are justifiable, relevant to the type of app u will be running.

OP
K

King_Niral

In the zone
thanx I see that the Athlon 64 2800+ is not much different from the Athlon 64 3000+ apart from the 200mhz More of the of the 3000+ !!! I see the 2800+ better compared to the 2k+ more 3000+ !!!

Now i prefer the Athlon 64 2800+ over the 3000+ !!!

thanx 1ce again !!!

Cheers !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom