Should i go for the Mac Book Pro???

har

In the zone
You do not sound like a CS student and probably do not know a thing about either o.s.
Most professional video and sound editors have long moved away from os X.
As Windows now has much more capable softwares for their needs compared to osX.
Being said that,Mac does have almost all type of free and paid SW,normal people like you and me use everyday.
Moreover the iphoto,imovie and garageband that comes free with all Macs are very nice softwares,provided you know how to use them!
For a normal user a Lion is as good as Windows7,but for a serious professional (CS students are not included)Windows7 does have some added advantage,specially professional video editors(as FCP needs some serious changes to stay in competition with Windows counterparts)
But a laptop is not about os alone,and this is precisely where MacbookPro trumps most Windows laptops!
Nothing is wrong to be a MS fanboy,but try not to be an ignorant fan.
Regarding Windows8 blowing everyone...just hold your horses till October and pray that it does not turn a disaster!!

Dude I am not a WINDOWS fanboy. I use linux 99% of the time.

And it seems all the sherlock holmes here have found out I am actually 89 year old vendor who hasnt even seen a computer !!!
OMG

I see ur sig. And another mac guy. Look dude just because I dont like mac doesnt mean I am an idiot !!
Just accept there are people who like other os's better. Dont flame because its not your opinion. Oh wait....never argue to a apple fanboy !! :p

And pixar,ubisoft,etc still use mac for video editing !!

Does not matter if you had it or not.
But one thing for sure!
You do not know how to use it!!

And you dont know to use a normal windows os. Get over it. Seems everyone who loikes windows or hates apple is an idiot to you OH SUPERIOR ONE :p

red dragon

Master troll
Where exactly did I bash Windows?
Dont go by my signature,it is a short one,I do have a couple of very good Windows laptop lying around and know a thing or two about Windows too.

har

In the zone
True geeks would have said nothing but
Arch Linux.
And what is so special about using Linux!?non geeks like me have used it for more than 5 years!

This discussion has gone beyond the purpose of this thread.
I have made my views very clear.

sayonara :wink:

OP
A

Anurup

Broken In
with the 13 inch mac book pro...is modern gaming absolutely not possible...will games like fifa 13 and nfs mw2 ...not run on it even on low config???

OP
A

Anurup

Broken In
@randomuser111
Is the 72k model of mac book pro...with i5 processor, 4GB ram, 500 HDD, intel 4000hd graphics....worth going for instead of the 62K dell inspiron 15r se...with i7 , 4gb ram, 1TB HDD,amd 7730 2gb dedicated graphics card
Is the quality of the apple product much better than the dell...and also whats are ur comments on apples and dells after sales services???
Is the after sales services of apple very costly as compared to dell??

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
MBP will last longer, will have less issues and will get you multiple times more bragging rights. Build quality and looks are much better too.

Inspiron 15r se is more powerful and more VFM

Dell after sales is best among all. And apple service is also very good.

Top Bottom