Should I buy PS3 or PS4

ajayritik

Technomancer
For long time intended to buy either PS3 or any other gaming console to go with my Samsung Smart TV 46". Had to delay it for reasons such as having to invest again in Game disks etc. But now intend to go for one.
It will be mainly for me, wife and our 5 year old kid.
There seems to be considerable difference between the price of PS3 and PS4. Considering the limited games we may eventually play wouldn't PS3 be a better bet or will it phase out very soon which may make it obsolete.

Kindly advise.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Xbox 360 is already out of production, the PS3 might follow.

If price is not a huge concern then getting the PS4 makes more sense since it will have a longer life with more games due to come out in the future. If you want something that the family can enjoy on a budget with a larger game library at this time, then PS3 is the way to go.

Just my two cents.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Xbox 360 is already out of production, the PS3 might follow.

If price is not a huge concern then getting the PS4 makes more sense since it will have a longer life with more games due to come out in the future. If you want something that the family can enjoy on a budget with a larger game library at this time, then PS3 is the way to go.

Just my two cents.

Yes Desmond the price difference is almost double I believe. Was just wondering if it would make sense to stick to PS3 to satisfy the game hunger.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
get a second hand ps3, preferably still with warranty

if ur a casula gamer, and are only buying for family entertainment, buy the move set, and the move games.. you will love them..

dan4u

Took Off!!!
If you're a casual gamer I would suggest getting a PS3, it has an amazing game library and couple it with the playstation move you can have a lot of fun with your family, the games are cheaper and it works as a bluray player, along with a number of apps (netflix, youtube etc). Buy the 12gb one and add a 500 or 1 TB hardisk to it, don't forget the hdd caddy if you choose this route. The ps3 won't be obsolete anytime soon, at least not in India.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
What's this?

[satire]
Its a device which is used to break the tv screen when playing games :p
[/satire]

PlayStation Move - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedi

If you're a casual gamer I would suggest getting a PS3, it has an amazing game library and couple it with the playstation move you can have a lot of fun with your family, the games are cheaper and it works as a bluray player, along with a number of apps (netflix, youtube etc).

Actually after we saw a demo of this we started getting attracted to the PS3 thing.
Heard it's not available yet for PS4.
Yesterday checked out the PS3 in Reliance Digital he quoted 17k for it without any games.
He is trying to hard sell PS3 over PS4.

I guess the unanimous suggestion here in the forum is to get a PS3 over PS4.

- - - Updated - - -

Buy the 12gb one and add a 500 or 1 TB hardisk to it, don't forget the hdd caddy if you choose this route. The ps3 won't be obsolete anytime soon, at least not in India.
The guy at the store was telling it may not support external HDD. However one more rep said it may support.

Can someone list major differences between PS3 & PS4.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Guys any suggestions/views?

Of course PS4...
The current PS4 library is of course not as big as the PS3's library, but there are still a lot of great PS4 exclusives out now and even more coming soon. And there are a ton of multi-platform games like COD, Madden etc. Also don't forget about PS4's growing list of digital only games. Their digital library is getting bigger and bigger every month. Currently their digital library is WAY bigger than Xbox One's for example.

You will get used to gaming in native 1080p on your PS4, and when you go to play a PS3 game that is only 720p and up-scaled to 1080p, you can definitely notice the difference. But it's not just the resolution that's better, it's also the graphics itself and the frame rates. 60 FPS is always better than 30 FPS.
One of my biggest reasons for liking the PS4 over the PS3 is that the PS4 controller is literally light years better than the PS3 controller.

Finally, here's a list of games that are released for the PlayStation 4.
All Playstation 4 Video Game Releases

For all the above reasons I strongly recommend you get a PS4.

Upcoming PS4 Games 2016 – Top games coming to PS4 in 201

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Of course PS4...
The current PS4 library is of course not as big as the PS3's library, but there are still a lot of great PS4 exclusives out now and even more coming soon. And there are a ton of multi-platform games like COD, Madden etc. Also don't forget about PS4's growing list of digital only games. Their digital library is getting bigger and bigger every month. Currently their digital library is WAY bigger than Xbox One's for example.

You will get used to gaming in native 1080p on your PS4, and when you go to play a PS3 game that is only 720p and up-scaled to 1080p, you can definitely notice the difference. But it's not just the resolution that's better, it's also the graphics itself and the frame rates. 60 FPS is always better than 30 FPS.
One of my biggest reasons for liking the PS4 over the PS3 is that the PS4 controller is literally light years better than the PS3 controller.

Finally, here's a list of games that are released for the PlayStation 4.
All Playstation 4 Video Game Releases

For all the above reasons I strongly recommend you get a PS4.

Upcoming PS4 Games 2016 – Top games coming to PS4 in 201

What about the motion gaming thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Well most of the top PS3 games are remastered for PS4. That's a point to consider.

Can you enlighten me on this?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Can you enlighten me on this?

Most of the top PS3 games are ported to PS4 with better resolution and graphics. So you won't be missing the games that were on PS3.
Like:
The Last of Us Remastered
Journey
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Grand Theft Auto V
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition
Gravity Rush Remastered
God of War III Remastered
Dishonored: Definitive Edition
Heavy Rain

dan4u

Took Off!!!
The guy at the store was telling it may not support external HDD. However one more rep said it may support.

Can someone list major differences between PS3 & PS4.

That guys doesn't know what he's talking about, adding a HDD to a super slim ps3 is as easy as adding a microsd card to your phone, watch this tutorial . You can get this HDD or this one and this hdd caddy .

All of that will come upto 20k including the ps3. You can get a second hand Playstation move kit (motion controller thing) for around 2k.

Here's an article that compares the PS3 vs PS4.

Also, there are hardly any games for the Playstation move on the PS4, while the ps3 has plenty of games for it. Bottom line is, if you're a casual gamer and never owned a PS3, it would be a better choice, and your kid will love the PS move (be careful to not smash your tv screen with the move :smile_NF: )

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
^^ Thanks bro for the detailed reply.
The other rep from the store argued with the first rep about the HDD support.
I have couple of Internal HDD's which I plan to sell. Should I keep them handy for this.

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
Guys, don't you think most new games are just PS3 remasters? You're seeing this as an advantage...
But, is it worth the extra cash to invest in a PS4 when the games are the same with exception of better graphics and framerate (if so)?

And, do all games run at 1080p60 on PS4? I've heard that all games don't run at this display standard...

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Guys, don't you think most new games are just PS3 remasters? You're seeing this as an advantage...
But, is it worth the extra cash to invest in a PS4 when the games are the same with exception of better graphics and framerate (if so)?

And, do all games run at 1080p60 on PS4? I've heard that all games don't run at this display standard...

not factoring in the OP in this, but just for this query - not most of them are remastered ones. there're many new games as well. and trading in the old-new games (used) is also not a great financial setback. i also play on X360 alongwith on PS4, and it really feels kind of lame atleast visually. with PS4 one would really appreciate the difference. plus, personally, PSN plus (although the monthly free games earlier were better, but there're still many good free games to have)!

Top Bottom