Should I buy Optimus 2x??

nCyCoD

Gamer..
Hello guys,
I previously owned Nokia 6500slide for 2 years,then Nokia X6 for a year,at present I have Nokia C6-00...
But I want to buy an android phone within the budget 27k.
I mainly use mobile for multimedia,photos and browsing...
I narrowed my choices to LG Optimus 2x and HTC Incredible S..which mobile should I buy?any other suggestions?.
Thank you

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you game a lot, Optimus 2X will help but the Android system is a bit buggy.
but if you want an overall good experience but don't mind having a single core mobile, Incredible S.

but if you can stretch your budget by 2k, Galaxy S2.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I would recommend against buying Optimus 2X. Instead, I would prefer the original Samsung Galaxy S or the Pure Google Nexus S.

A friend of mine has Incredible S. It looks good... But my budget Optimus One seemed more fluid and snappy (Thanks to custom ROM CM7 and Franco's Kernel)...

IMO, once the much waited iPhone 5 is launched in the last week of September, I am sure a lot of devices are going to get cheaper than they are right now... So, hold your breath for a while to get a better deal...

Cheers!

OP
nCyCoD

nCyCoD

Gamer..
Sam-I will definitely game...thats why I was thinking of Tegra 2.I heard Gingerbread update is out..maybe bugs are solved.
And I cannt extend my budget..

Androidfan-why would you recommend against O2x?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Tegra 2 is better than Exynos for game. mainly cause Exynos is new & doesn't support all games (maybe driver is still new or game companies doesn't support Mali400 GPU fully) & Tegra brings Nvidia exclusive tegra zone. but overall, Galaxy S2 is better.

O2X is best when loaded with custom ROM. BTW don't expect any software from LG to fix bugs. rather they bring in new bugs.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@OP Well in that case take a look at Brand New Samsung Galaxy S2 9100 Android 8MP 4.3" | eBay

Samsung Galaxy S2 9100 is for Rs 26990. Try ganesha005 to get 500GB Free HDD. Though I'm 99% sure it wont work now as Ganesh Chaturthi is over.

Now back to my query, can anyone please explain why you guys are against LG Optimus 2X?? I've seen reviews and comparison of S2 and 2X, and seems that 2X wins. Don't get me wrong, as like @OP I also don't have any idea. I'm asking for suggestions too. I just placed my views that the reviews says.

Actually I'm too planning to buy 2X within few months :p

And ya I read everywhere that 2X Stock ROM doesn't utilize the power of the hardware or neither makes us feel the power. So of course I'd be using Custom ROM (May be CM7), so what are your views??

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Be warned that CM on Optimus 2X is not entirely functional. AFAIK BT is broken. LG has not open-sourced all the binaries(device drivers) so developers are finding it difficult to port device exclusive functionalities to CM.

You should go through @cm_arcee tweets, he is the guy who is porting CM to O2X.

OP
nCyCoD

nCyCoD

Gamer..
@comp@ddict- 23.6k price tag?where?

For me S G II is kinda big and too light..
I know O2x is full of bugs..not so good UI.I was hoping Gingerbred update would solve them..

Any other phones?guys?

tmanikandan

The Incredible
once the much waited iPhone 5 is launched in the last week of September, I am sure a lot of devices are going to get cheaper than they are right now... So, hold your breath for a while to get a better deal..

Best Suggestion :)

I ordered myself a LG Optimus 2X from Letsbuy. Used this coupon and the price reduced from 24.5k to 23.5k!!!

RCOMLB1

Should reach me in 2-3 days now :grin:

I had a look at a friend's S2. I find 2X is no less in any aspect. Samsung Touch Wiz UI is not great either. 2X's 4" screen is enough and sufficient, 4.2" is too much. He had his S2 in the standard pouch that Samsung provided and trust me, it was looking like he's holding some diary. It would be weird to put that in pocket :| Plus, too thin and difficult to take photos.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes, 4.2" is big but when you consider the entire mobile, usually it turns out quite bigger than your expectations.

i fully agree with the touchwiz homescreen. it is no match for HTC Sense UI. don't know about usability but doesn't suites a mobile costing 30k.

mukeshgupta

Broken In
IMO, once the much waited iPhone 5 is launched in the last week of September, I am sure a lot of devices are going to get cheaper than they are right now... So, hold your breath for a while to get a better deal...

Cheers!

Well said! In India iPhone hasn't yet made a mark. But if they replicate their global success story, most of these models would retort to massive price cuts in order to be competitive.

Well, I have got my O2X some days back and simply loving it. There are no apparent bugs with the UI, so I dont know what you guys are talking about. I am on latest firmware (10e), and should get a gingerbread update soon.

I'll be posting my review in sometime, you can check that. :)

Top Bottom