Shld i go for Nokia 6300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Recently came across Nokia 6300 and jst fell in love with it. Its looks awesome and is light weight. Anyone got 6300 here?? I heard that it gets hot if we talk for more than 2 mins. True??? Ppl r saying that it got bad battery. True??? I take much time to adjust with stuff but damn this phone, its jst perfect for my hands, feels really comfy. So anyone who got 6300 plz tell ur views.

Pathik

Google Bot
it doesnt hav ny of the probs u said above but i wd rather get a 6233.. Depends on wat u need actually.. E50,n72,k550i are other options..

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Actually I m going to other city for 11th nd 12th. So jst need a simple mobile will ok-ok facilities. I know nothing abt mobiles. 3G is not there in 6300 nor it got infrared. Infrared is use to transfer data frm one mobile to other. Right??? If yes then it got bluetooth. Is 3G important?? What it does??? I didn't like 6233 much. I m in love with 6300's looks and style. More suggestios welcomed.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
6300 is a good phone if

1) You don't want to use the camera much. It has no flash & camera isn't that good compared to SE models.

2) Screen is superb, full 320X240 with 16 million colours, means watching encoded mp4 files is a breeze. Same goes with it's music capabilities

3) It is not symbian so only JAVA apps will run on it.

Personally I would recomend that u got for Nokai E50, it is a better overall package & a boon to u if u r going at a place without a computer. Atleat You can be in touch of net using GPRS\EDGE with Opera

A better overall package then 6300 would be SE K550i or K750i, since u r inclined towards looks I would prefer K550i over K750i. Take a look at both in shop cos functionality wise they are all same in OS terms. Remember SE phones are multimedia phones & not a internet phone, symbian OS is that

K750I got the best camera & nice music ability with a HPM-70 earphone.

K550i & 6300 got EDGE means fast internet. Not so good camera but good music abilities.

3G is useless to look for in a phone in india, 3G is not available in India

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Noob here. What is the diff between symbian and non symbian phones. Those softwares which come with Digit and those over internet will run on 6300??

Pathik

Google Bot
only java softs work on 6300.. and good java apps are very less in number...
in symbian fones u can run symbian apps, games and many themes... wit 3rd party softs u can play many formats in ur cell...
also there are many good browsers and IM softs in symbian... there r softs for evything in symbian... but the sound and cam quality isnt that good in that range..

K

krazyfrog

It seems you are just looking for a slim, simple and good looking phone. In that case, you can go for 6300 as it will be quiet sufficient for your needs. For battery life and other queries, pm aryayush, who has a 6300 too.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I have the phone and here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
01. The screen. It is awesome.
02. Lightweight and thin as a wafer.
03. Stainless steel body. Very durable.
04. Value for money.
05. EDGE.
06. Active standby.
07. Absolutely awesome voice recognition.
08. Separate ports mean that you can listen to the radio while using the phone as a modem and charging it at the same time.
09. Looks good.
10. Did I mention the screen?

Cons:
01. Lacks true multi-tasking capabilities. For example, you have to quit Opera Mini if you want to read an SMS. The music player and radio do run in the background though.
02. It is a Symbian phone but it has the series 40. So it won't allow you to install the SIS files. Only JAVA.
03. The heat problem is there but it does not bother me much.
04. The battery is OK but I've seen better.
05. The user interface is better than most other Nokia phones, but could still use some improvement.
06. The volume buttons on the left are very difficult to press (and they are the ones that invoke voice commands so you do have to press them quite frequently).
07. The D-pad is crummy. You will keep pressing the key in the centre whenever you try to press the 'Up' key (unless you use your nails).
08. A stupid 2.5mm audio out port which means that you cannot connect standard headphones.
09. Does not charge when connected to the computer through USB.
10. Nokia. Need I say more?

My verdict: Recommended.

Between the K550i and this phone, this one would be my recommendation because of the gorgeous screen. :)

OP
C

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Thnx @ gx and arya. Also I would be leaving in August so I can wait for 2-3 months. Any good mobile coming in the following months?? I need a slim one frm SE or Nokia and no flap/slide one.

Pathik

Google Bot
Yup i m ... and it doesnt hav a radio but is the cheapest os9.1 ..
exactly wat i needed... even krazy is takin a e50 soon...

K

krazyfrog

^^ Yup. Btw arya 6300 is not a Symbian phone. Only S60, S80, S90 and UIQ phones have Symbian OS.

K

K750

If u prefer looks over Features Go for it -
But If u want ,
*A Good Camera
*Nice Mp3 player
*Experiments with your phone (He he , i do lot:D)
*A Really loud sounds (use acoustic_rufinus_v1_ from SE-NUS)
*Cute Small phone
*Feature Rich

..silence..

BUY SONY ERICSSON K750
*www.lordpercy.com/k750_2.JPG

Nokia is only worth for Symbian , :)rolleyes: aah if i had one Symbian k750 )
Since it is not symbian (6600 has Series 60 )

Kya Samjhey??

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh, c'mon! Who buys a K750i in 2007! That is a three year old phone, for goodness sakes!

I myself have always preferred Sony Ericsson over Nokia, but dude, it is no comparison for Nokia 6300. Only the camera (in comparison) is better on the SE but even that is crap in general.

And frankly, I think it is completely backward and weird to buy a phone on the basis of how good the camera is.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
gx_saurav said:
Personally I would recomend that u got for Nokai E50, it is a better overall package & a boon to u if u r going at a place without a computer. Atleat You can be in touch of net using GPRS\EDGE with Opera.

nicely pointed out by saurav. cheapest symbian and a good phone. but if u want a quality cam get k550i, it lacks symbian tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom