shell commands across linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi people,

i have sabayon 4 on my desktop computer (it has 5000+ commands) and carry pendrive linux. i want to copy commands such as java and gcc on the pendrive . Pl. tell the files to be copied to the pendrive (size no limit :; i have 32GB of which 3% is rarely used)...

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
hi people,

i have sabayon 4 on my desktop computer (it has 5000+ commands) and carry pendrive linux. i want to copy commands such as java and gcc on the pendrive . Pl. tell the files to be copied to the pendrive (size no limit :; i have 32GB of which 3% is rarely used)...

If you copy such binaries to pendrive, the chances are that it won't work. coz many libraries could be missing.

also the binaries in one system are usually built for the specific kernel version and processor (this is not a big issue though).

Yes, i know that the binaries may not work. my main interest is compilation on java. i intall java binary and then netbeans then netbean is not installed saying that java is not found. plz suggest a way that netbeans may discover java. no such problem occured in sabayon

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Yes, i know that the binaries may not work. my main interest is compilation on java. i intall java binary and then netbeans then netbean is not installed saying that java is not found. plz suggest a way that netbeans may discover java. no such problem occured in sabayon

No need to install JAVA from source. Just use an binary JDK installer from Sun's site. (its usually a .bin file).

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
32GB is a lot of space. Install the whole distro in there rather. More preferably, put a lightweight one with just your basic requirements.

thanks mehulved and The Unknown , i installed ubuntu and puppy linux (seamonkey) which i installed with unetboot, sadly none have java. i downloaded binary of jdk which gerts installed but on both netbeans is still unable to find java..

i am again in a fix..... please help.......

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
thanks mehulved and The Unknown , i installed ubuntu and puppy linux (seamonkey) which i installed with unetboot, sadly none have java. i downloaded binary of jdk which gerts installed but on both netbeans is still unable to find java..

i am again in a fix..... please help.......

Can you post the installation command, error transcript, etc. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom