Sharing my dream config

Here it goes:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($1003.48 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($95.99 @ Newegg)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 12g Thermal Paste ($16.78 @ Compuvest)
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme EATX LGA2011 Motherboard ($399.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($116.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: OCZ R4 1.2TB PCI-E Solid State Disk ($7333.65 @ Compuvest)
Storage: Seagate Constellation ES.3 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($395.38 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Constellation ES.3 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($395.38 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB Video Card (4-Way SLI) ($1025.91 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB Video Card (4-Way SLI) ($1025.91 @ Newegg)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card ($184.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II (Black) ATX Full Tower Case ($324.40 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($324.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus BW-14D1XT Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus BW-14D1XT Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Dell U3011 60Hz 30.0" Monitor ($1099.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard ($67.00 @ Mechanical Keyboards)
Mouse: Logitech G9x Wired Laser Mouse ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Speakers: Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 232W 2.1ch Speakers ($224.33 @ NCIX US)
Total: $18541.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-02 01:46 EDT-0400)

d3p

PowerHouse
Looks like your Dream needs lot of Revisions....I don't mean to shatter your dream.

1). You just got a 6 Core Extreme Edition Processors in your Dream ?? That's all ???

2). Why didn't you get Custom WC Loop instead of Corsair H100i ??

3). Vengence LP ?? It could have either a WC Memory Kits or Latest Dominators Series.

4). If you are going to have lots & lots of contents like Games & Movies etc etc, then grab few NAS of 12TB each. Also grab few more similar NAS for back up.

5). 4 Graphics Cards air cooled inside a Cosmos II. It will be big FAIL moment.

6). Essense Sound Card & 2.1 Audio Speakers. :Facepalm:

7). Mechanical KB from Cooler Master. Are you joking ??? Should get a Steelseries 7G...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Looks like your Dream needs lot of Revisions....I don't mean to shatter your dream.

1). You just got a 6 Core Extreme Edition Processors in your Dream ?? That's all ???

3). Vengence LP ?? It could have either a WC Memory Kits or Latest Dominators Series.

4). If you are going to have lots & lots of contents like Games & Movies etc etc, then grab few NAS of 12TB each. Also grab few more similar NAS for back up.

7). Mechanical KB from Cooler Master. Are you joking ??? Should get a Steelseries 7G...

:lol:. debasish, i couldn't stop laughing after reading this. But very rightly said and that applies to all the points. :)

d3p

PowerHouse
:lol:. debasish, i couldn't stop laughing after reading this. But very rightly said and that applies to all the points. :)

Everyone have a dream Rig, but looks like OP's dream is not so good without our suggestions. Also we started suggesting people to have Great RIG's in DREAM too.

No offense to OP, i just can't control myself.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Everyone have a dream Rig, but looks like OP's dream is not so good without our suggestions. Also we started suggesting people to have Great RIG's in DREAM too.

No offense to OP, i just can't control myself.
Everyone is most welcome to share their views and suggestions. All your point's are absolutely valid and there is no limit to hardware addition for better performance. I absolutely agree this is not the best it can be, but I cannot sit and design a DREAM rig for the whole week, so its short and sweet.

flyingcow

Shibe
"Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V Power Supply" dude you dont even need this, a reliable VIP or Intex PSE will do the task. You could save around 12k and upgrade your other components....And yeah you dont need thatprocessor, it is only for photoshop and word etc office things. get i3 or i5 anything above that is office work.

d3p

PowerHouse
"Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V Power Supply" dude you dont even need this, a reliable VIP or Intex PSE will do the task. You could save around 12k and upgrade your other components....And yeah you dont need thatprocessor, it is only for photoshop and word etc office things. get i3 or i5 anything above that is office work.

I guess you just got confused between Extreme Series & Silent Series. Help yourself. Cooler master don't make Bomb btw.

flyingcow

Shibe
^^^^ admin, he is doing personal attacks. warn him.

and BTW why should OP get coller maestr if he can get 2-3 vip pse's and use them simultaneously only in the 1/3 price??

OP: fill these first *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

d3p

PowerHouse

and BTW why should OP get coller maestr if he can get 2-3 vip pse's and use them simultaneously only in the 1/3 price??

OP: fill these first *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

Use the report Button kid.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!

Oh bro oh, did you even read the whole thread???

> I'm not buying this config, read the thread title "Sharing my dream config".

> You seriously need to get a PSU 101. For starters, read these threads: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...ower-supply-101-reference-specifications.html
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html

Google it for further information.

And yeah you dont need thatprocessor, it is only for photoshop and word etc office things. get i3 or i5 anything above that is office work.

> Where exactly do you guys get such ideas from? :facepalm:

> Read, read and read some more and gain knowledge (not information). Reply if you know the terrain.

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
*cdn.overclock.net/e/ec/900x900px-LL-ec6293eb_wxE0L.jpeg
just the cabinet suggestion- obsidian 900d with custom loop

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

dude its his dream he is satisfied with tat only.......

@op but srsly????? u r satisfied with tat only i wouldn't even be satisfied with a titan at my disposal and m not talking abt gpu here......

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

not necessary that you need 7.1 all the time. many prefer pure stereo over 7.1.. I have a Essense XT and still use 2.1 , also STX can only drive stereo, ST can drive 7.1 but needs extra expansion card/daughter card. :)

you are right about NAS. non gaming data should be stored in NAS rather than on PC and should use RAID configuration for MAX performance.

d3p

PowerHouse
not necessary that you need 7.1 all the time. many prefer pure stereo over 7.1.. I have a Essense XT and still use 2.1 , also STX can only drive stereo, ST can drive 7.1 but needs extra expansion card/daughter card. :)

you are right about NAS. non gaming data should be stored in NAS rather than on PC and should use RAID configuration for MAX performance.

But, it won't appear to be in someones dream ??? For Gaming 7.1 will be a big advantage than stereo.

Top Bottom