$$--Share/MutualFund/Investment/Stocks--$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice thread... :)

I wanted to know a few things about a Demat Account..
What exactly it is? Like if someone asks me to open a demat account, why should i do it? What is its benefit? What does it do? How does it work?
Or is it even meant for freshers like me? I mean stocks, shares etc in this context sound like greek and latin to me.

I am a complete n00b in case of all this, so please guide me accordingly..
Thanks in advance..

[I don't know if this is the right place to post this query or not..Guide me if i'm making a mistake..]

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
afaik... to opena demat acc... u should have a account in bank ( possibly icici.. coz my friend have it ) and should pay some ... i thikn soo...

may be some one will give more info in this rgard..

p.s .. how much is minimum to amount to buy stock... my friend told me that i atleast need 10k to buy considerable/profitable stock.. is it true???

manishjha18

In the zone
anyway which mutual fund you should suggest i should invest with say lock in period of 1 year-
anyway i you have cash do invest in arts and gold-they always always give good return

enticer86

Stay Silent!
afaik... to opena demat acc... u should have a account in bank ( possibly icici.. coz my friend have it ) and should pay some ... i thikn soo...

may be some one will give more info in this rgard..

p.s .. how much is minimum to amount to buy stock... my friend told me that i atleast need 10k to buy considerable/profitable stock.. is it true???

Is it not necessary to link only ICICI bank.. u just need a bank account and link it with your demat account. What do u mean by this "and should pay some ... i thikn soo..." ???
Who and what should pay? :confused:

Nice thread... :)

I wanted to know a few things about a Demat Account..
What exactly it is? Like if someone asks me to open a demat account, why should i do it? What is its benefit? What does it do? How does it work?
Or is it even meant for freshers like me? I mean stocks, shares etc in this context sound like greek and latin to me.

I am a complete n00b in case of all this, so please guide me accordingly..
Thanks in advance..
Hi boss,
FYI, Demat account is just like your bank account. In your bank account you hold cash, and in your demat account you hold your securities. Every company has shares, and the listed companies give a share in ownership to general public as well, which is tradeable. Each such share that belongs to you is there in your demat account, instead of you holding it physically. Let's not go into the details, you'l end up being more confused.
So basically if you want to invest in a company, or want to speculate in the market, you need to buy shares. For that you need a demat account.

anyway which mutual fund you should suggest i should invest with say lock in period of 1 year-
anyway i you have cash do invest in arts and gold-they always always give good return

Boss there are many aspects of investment. Arts do not normally appreciate at a comparable rate. And investment in gold may not give very good returns. Plus for the purpose of earning gains, you need to sell the asset- long term capital gains in case of Jewellery and Arts are taxable. Also, from the last year, Arts are taxable under the chapter of Wealth Tax, and so is gold.
In the light of thse taxes and all, returns from equities/MFs outweigh those from other assets.
As regards your investment options, it all depends on your risk appetite.

manistar

Broken In
icici demat charge u 450 per year for demat... there are some free offers too... like bonanza.. but heard that they charge something for ur transactions... i mean buying and selling shares... u can either buy it online using online trading acc or buy it by calling broker in ur area(u shud deposit some amount with him so that wen u order thru phone he buys shares from that money) bonanza asked me to deposit 2000. u can use tat for buying shares.. u can transfer money between ur trading account and savings account online... fyi. trading account is the one where brokers or brokerage websites take money wen u order to buy a share..

they also give updates about share rates and options available.. and bonanza charge u 0.4% as brokerage

u don need 10k to buy the share.. with demat in hand thr is no minimum QTY for buying shares...
i think i m correct.. those who know better can help

enticer86

Stay Silent!
thnks enticer...
My pleasure :)

.... but heard that they charge something for ur transactions... i mean buying and selling shares... u can either buy it online using online trading acc or buy it by calling broker in ur area(u shud deposit some amount with him so that wen u order thru phone he buys shares from that money) bonanza asked me to deposit 2000. u can use tat for buying shares.. u can transfer money between ur trading account and savings account online... fyi. trading account is the one where brokers or brokerage websites take money wen u order to buy a share..

they also give updates about share rates and options available.. and bonanza charge u 0.4% as brokerage

u don need 10k to buy the share.. with demat in hand thr is no minimum QTY for buying shares...
i think i m correct.. those who know better can help

Its not necessary that trading account is used only by brokers.. DO u kno that in case of this online trading, you do NOT get the reciepts generated by depository? Otherwise you are correct.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
and for the charge for demat account as manistar said is annual...

i was right coz i remember my friend was saying this

enticer86

Stay Silent!
and for the charge for demat account as manistar said is annual...

i was right coz i remember my friend was saying this

NO ways.. it keeps changing. When Rel Power had its IPO, most DPs started giving free online trading account+ Free demat account for one year.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
thats nice ....

ok tell me how much is minimum to enter shares / buy sell thing...???

Man why don u follow the friggin' thread?? Do you think its possible to reply to EACH OF YOUR QUESTION everytime?? Huhh??

You didn't answer MY question.. whats ur age? <15?
:mad:
Ooops.. I just cheked your profile.. 22?? And so arrogant???? Dude u know what, am younger than you, and i have NOT invested in the markets, ever...

Pathik

Google Bot
Ok Sir. BTW aapka best friend johnny kidhar hai.. aajkal dikhta nahi.. :D
@naveen, The amount depends on you.. You can make a lac out of 1000 and 1000 out of a lac.
However 8-12k should be good for starters..

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ya .. do0nt worry ui am just a noob and nothing to do with age...

my friend told atleast i need 50 k to start with , which at present idont have.. all i am waiting is a check from google next month.. thats why i asked u ..

there is nothing to call me uncle ( sorry coudnt understand wht those hindi lines meant except uncle)
if i am uncle by age,,, and there are many great great grandfathers in this thread ...
and tell me one thing .. wht does age relatd to knowing things??? my proffessor doesnt know about stocks .. does it mean that he is unworthy???
wht i know in stocks shares is very minimum...i agree.. it..
and clearing my doubt even hundreds times is better than losing my money..
and if u dont have time or knowledge to reply here for a simple question.. then dont use this thread...

i created this whole thread so that many will come to know wht this whole world( shares, stocks ) mean!!!!

if u r sooo knowledgablwe then...ok to u .. not for others until u help others out..

thnks pathik...8-12 k is too much @ present for me..

ok can i start with 4 k???

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thats good.. ok tell me... one think..
wht is wise .. buy stocks from established companies ( eg : reliance/airtel icici etc) which offcourse will reslut in very less stocks for my 4k
or go for newer companies and offcourse will result in more stocks...

which is best...
???

manistar

Broken In
i think for ur budget of 4k its better to go mid cap or even small cap (shares<800) but don invest it right away... atleast study the market for 4 months.. indian market is driven by sentiments and it even swallow expert predictions.. so read magazines on shares.. before actually investing try making a portfolio in moneycontrol.. and learn with it... and its free

Last edited:

enticer86

Stay Silent!
ya .. do0nt worry ui am just a noob and nothing to do with age...

my friend told atleast i need 50 k to start with , which at present idont have.. all i am waiting is a check from google next month.. thats why i asked u ..

Chek from google? What are they going to chek abt u?? ;)

wht does age relatd to knowing things??? my proffessor doesnt know about stocks .. does it mean that he is unworthy???
wht i know in stocks shares is very minimum...i agree.. it..
and clearing my doubt even hundreds times is better than losing my money..
and if u dont have time or knowledge to reply here for a simple question.. then dont use this thread...

Wel i thot u were a kiddo initially, coz anyone who is 18+ would know things, atleast the basic stuff abt Indian economy.. C'mon, you can do better, atleast know your country well man. For any profession you opt for, you atleast need to know the basics about Indian Economy, and the role you might play in that. It bothered me much coz you know quite a lot abt gadgets, why not a li'l abt your country too. [ofcourse, ignore this if u are not from India]. I didn't mean any offence.
And another thing, instead of focussing only your question and the answer try following the whole thread. The pros and cons of the amount, where to invest etc. have already been discussed in detail. It seems you are the one who doesn't want to spend some time, rather than me avoiding answering you.
i created this whole thread so that many will come to know wht this whole world( shares, stocks ) mean!!!!
You creating this thread doesn't mean you would be given any preference or priority. Its for everyone.

thats good.. ok tell me... one think..
wht is wise .. buy stocks from established companies ( eg : reliance/airtel icici etc) which offcourse will reslut in very less stocks for my 4k
or go for newer companies and offcourse will result in more stocks...

which is best...
???

One think, buying higher rated stocks might not reslut in you earning more, infact you might end up losing more. Consider the stock of Bharti Airtel, which moves from the band of Rs.1100 to 800. Theres a lot of risk involved. I'd suggest you diversify your portfolio, infact you shud analyse the markets, while investing Rs.4000 in some mutual fund.
Hint: Google abt Reliance RSF. ;)

i think for ur budget of 4k its better to go mid cap or even small cap (shares<800) but don invest it right away... atleast study the market for 4 months.. indian market is driven by sentiments and it even swallow expert predictions.. so read magazines on shares.. before actually investing try making a portfolio in moneycontrol.. and learn with it... and its free

+1

Moneycontrol??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom