Set as desktop Background

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
Hie,
I have a strange kind of problem. I keep all my wallpapers in the My Pictures directory and use the thumbnail view. Earlier on right clicking any thumbnail it showed up "Set as desktop background" option in the right clickmenu, but from the past few days the option has dissappeared. I don't know how but it has.It was a pretty simpler way to change the desktop background but now i need to open it in the image viewer, every time i need to change the background.

Please help.
Thanx :p

Scott Evo

Broken In
You have to customize your folder.

Here's how u do it......

Open the My Pictures Folder, Right Click & then Click on Customise this folder.

In the new Pop Up Window.......

What kind of folder do you want?

Use this foder as template:

& select Pictures (best for many files)

Click on Apply > OK

& your done.

Now you can right click on the thumbnail & click on Set as Desktop Background. Try different folder settings for different Kinda folders (Videos , Pictures, Documents...)

*img178.echo.cx/img178/1973/pre7eu.jpg

anandk

Distinguished Member
also, why dont you download and try 'webshots' ? its a very convinient way of storing and setting your wallpapers. ? :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ scott evo hi buddy, can u tell me how can we take the screenshot of the various windows like the one u hv done for the "Sample Pictures Properties" !! and save it as a view or a image file so that we can post it to any website ?

thanx, cheers n peace...... :p:):p

Scott Evo

Broken In
ashu888ashu888 said:
@ scott evo hi buddy, can u tell me how can we take the screenshot of the various windows like the one u hv done for the "Sample Pictures Properties" !! and save it as a view or a image file so that we can post it to any website ?

thanx, cheers n peace...... :p:):p

Ok here how it goes.

1. Hit Ctrl+Print(Prtscr) on your keyboard.
2. Then open MS Paint or Adobe Photoshop& hit Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot, if ur using photoshop then u 've to open new file.
3. Save the Image As JPG, BMP or any other file type u like.
4. Now, register @ *www.imageshack.us/
5. Upload your image on Image Shack.
6. Image Shack provides u many codes like Embedded & Thumbnail to post the image on forums.
7. U can use these codes.
8. & hey... your done.

*img34.echo.cx/img34/3094/test7dz.jpg

Ask for further guidance if you need.

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom