Server/PC Configuration for running 25 Clients

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I have an online examination software that will run on a main PC/Server which only admin can access. There will be 25 low end computers which student will use to give the examination. Basically, a Server with 25 clients. I am looking for the PC/Server configuration which will be running Windows Server OS.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows Server

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB is enough

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 19"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes i have built

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Online, offline both

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: No

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Intel Xeon E2-1246 V3 @ 23k

Asus B85M-G @ 6.2k

Kingston HyperX fury DDR3 8GB 1600mhz @ 4.5k

Antec VP450P @ 2.9k

Dell 19 INCH led @ 5.5K

WD Cavier BLUE 1TB @ 3.5k

Asus Dvd @ 1k

Deepcool tesseract @ 2.8k

Dell MK200 Keyboard and Mouse @ 0.8k

TOTAL @ 50.2k

mitraark

Decrepit
If the test is a web based application for MCQ type test I dont think it requires server level configuration to run that.

If the number of clients stay low, say below 50 then a basic config such as the one mentioned below will also do fine.

Processor
AMD FX63007,400
CPU Cooler
Stock0
MotherboardAsus M5A78L-M/USB34,765
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4 GB 1600 MHz2,250
Graphics CardSapphire R5 230 1 GB
Power SupplyAntec VP500
CabinetAny local cabinet without PSU900
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L8,400
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo750
MouseIncluded in combo0
Total34,665

OP
V

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
I purchased that software for client, it is build using .net and use SQL Server for the same. It is similar to the software used by IBPS for giving online banking examination.

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=12032]vineetrocks2005[/MENTION],

I agree with [MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION]. There is no need to spend so much in basic server. If you have a N number of clients, then you need a heavy configuration in the server. I'd also suggest you to go with the basic build for the server.

Top Bottom