Server level internet connection choices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hi,

I am wondering what options do we have if we need to host server in-house or our own premises. I know we can do with just any ISP with public static IP but I am looking for something reliable and business grade.

I am looking to most cost-effective 10mbps to 100mbps connection.

Do provider like Airtel , BSNL etc give such connection other than adsl broadband ?

gavnit

Broken In
They do give but it would be so costly that renting server would come out to be cheaper. Email airtel for the quotes for whatever bandwidth you want. For bsnl visit exchange .

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Looks to be an unpopular subject, so far one reply only.

Anways, [MENTION=315444]gavnit[/MENTION], do you have any experience about it, this is not for any mission critical use but more an experiment, if works then could make its real life use.

Do you know anyone who is really using such service ?

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I guess, Fiber optical connection is answer to the problem but sadly only BSNL provides that in my area and its not cheap by any means.. nor reliable. Still if anyone else can share information who is actually using business grade connectivity, please do.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
You need a connection which provides a guaranteed uplink and a decent SLA. Most consumer lines provide "up to" connections, not guaranteed links.

Guaranteed links are the realms of leased lines which can be pretty expensive. Besides that, you need 24x7 power and redundant systems, which ideally should be hot swappable.

rj27

Net Addict
You're looking at around 3.5 L/year for a 10mbps symmetric 1:1 leased line to give you an idea, but as said earlier it varies from place to place.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
You're looking at around 3.5 L/year for a 10mbps symmetric 1:1 leased line to give you an idea, but as said earlier it varies from place to place.

Thats helpful.

On the other hand, I will visit local BSNL and Airtel office soon to see what they have to offer.

Hrishi

it's better to keep redundant and cheap high speed consumer grade links from multiple ISPs and set them for failover and load sharing.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom