Seriously Wierd Problem (plz Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raj_in

In the zone
I am running windows xp on an intel4 cpu 2.66ghz 480 ram
but recently a wierd problem has come up

whenever i play a game on my pc it switches off completely in the middle of the game after 18mins or so everytime
it also switches off when i try to save more than 20mb of clip after working on movie maker
can sum1 tell me what my problem is??????????/

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
I think that your PSU maynot be able to give sufficient power supply which doesn't allow the processor to do tedious tasks. It can also be that your processor is not given sufficient cooling.

1. Try PC Mark and 3D Mark to check if your processor can handle stress with the native fan. Otherwise youwill have to attach additional fans.

2. Try SensorviewPro and check ur temperature. Try it when idle and when you put it under stress just like playing a game.
3. Check if the appropriate thermal paste is available on the CPU.
4. It could be due to lot of registry errors also Try Tune Up Utlities and clear them.
5. It may be virus(probably drwatson32.exe) which eats up your processor and RAM. It automatically gets loaded while playing games if it is installed. Try to scan with an Antivirus or block it using a Firewall or download Noob Killer and check.
6. Increase the Virtual Memory and clean up the memory using Tune Up Utilities.
7. Download ATF cleaner and clear all junk off the PC.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You are giving no idea about your system at all and you want to know what is wrong with your system? Give us the complete configuration that you have including the make of the psu. Some psu are substandard whereas some psu are 100w psu in reality but labelled as 400w psu.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
whenever i play a game on my pc it switches off completely in the middle of the game after 18mins or so everytime
it also switches off when i try to save more than 20mb of clip after working on movie maker
can sum1 tell me what my problem is??????????/

Its likely a problem with your system overheating or your power unit being faulty. Just check the temperature in the bios after it reboots to make sure it isnt an overheating issue.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
i had this exp.. just overheating problem.. if u test pl open the chase and run the game..
go for additional cooling options or replace fans.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
it can be overheating or smps prob...
can u plz note how many drives u have in ur system.. ie, 1dvdrw, 1cdrw, 2hardds.. etc..

-SUDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom