Serious Sam II Discussions: Demo OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Serious Sam II Announced

New York, NY – April 20, 2005 – 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced Serious Sam II, the much-anticipated return of Sam “Serious” Stone to PC and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft.

“Gamers have been anxiously anticipating a full sequel ever since Serious Sam: The Second Encounter was released back in 2002,” said Christoph Hartmann, Senior Vice President of Publishing for 2K Games. “The frantic action and lighthearted humor of Serious Sam really struck a chord with gamers worldwide, and with a brand new engine and greatly expanded gameplay, we think fans will agree that the return of Sam has been well worth the wait.”

“Our second generation Serious Engine allows us to create characters with over 100 times more detail than the last game,” added Roman Ribaric, CEO of Croteam Ltd, developers of Serious Sam II. “This has allowed us to create huge, lush environments and even crazier enemies than before, without having to scale back the gameplay in any way. Gamers can rest assured that with the capabilities of our new engine, we’re not only going to match the record we set with the first Serious Sam for the most enemies on screen at one time, we’re going to surpass it.”

Serious Sam II will be released for PC and Xbox in fall 2005, and will be showcased at 2K Games’ booth at this year’s E3 Expo. Look for the first details on the game in the June issue of Computer Games Magazine, featuring Serious Sam II as the cover story, on newsstands in early May.

Source: Bluesnews

fnatic@play

Broken In
YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!! :D.... after my main game - ut... this one scores!!... AWESOME GAME - SS-se .. this should be OFF THE HOOK!!

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
First Ever Serious Sam 2 Screenshots

Well aren't you all in for a surprise. I wake up this morning and what do I see? What appears to be an in-game screenshot of Serious Sam 2. We have confirmed with Croteam that this is indeed from Serious Sam 2, so enjoy!

Keep checking back regularly for more information and screenshots, as we expect to have a preview of Computer Games Magazine's June issue, featuring Serious Sam 2, very soon.

Source: Serious Zone

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Let me do the honors of posting the pics itself that Sourabh is talking about.
*img9.echo.cx/img9/4032/serioussam2ingame20sk.jpg
*img9.echo.cx/img9/603/serioussam2ingame37zd.jpg
*img9.echo.cx/img9/1539/serioussam2ingame6om.jpg

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
The game is looking gorgeous as before :wink:
Mindless action-I like!!!
Let's see how it stacks up against the likes of UT, HL2, and D3. This is seriously FPS season :p

fnatic@play

Broken In
GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY.... AWEEEEEESSSSSOOMMMMMMEEEE

this is some SERIOUS action!! :D hell.. this is no competition to SERIOUS FPS games.. this is SERIOUS FUN!!!!.... JUS WAITIN now...

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Did ya all had a look at the gun in the 3rd screenie? I wonder what that baby does? Something nasty no doubt!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hmm the screenies are looking good..err awsome ;)

@nemi , in my opinion SS is a totally diffrent kind of fps and in no way can be compared to hl2,d3,ut etc . it's serious fun ;)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
unfortunately true. Comparisons will happen. But surprisingly very few comparisions happened with SS and others. Lets hpe the same happens with SS2 which will be as it should be "Pure Mayhem" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom