serious problem with PC

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
guys i have 2 external hard disks the problem i m facing with them is when i disconnect them and reconnect them when windows is on , windows doesn't detect them and when i connect them before boot windows does, is there any way to solve this??

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
Are you using the front port or the back port? Bcoz sometimes front USB can stop working properly.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
unplug the HDDs from pc .. from device manager uninstall all of your USB drivers under Universal Serial Bus Controller .. rebboot the pc and let windows automatically install USB drivers .. reboot and now plug in the ext. HDDs.

OP
gagan_kumar

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
i already did tat safely removed disks and tried restarting....... and when restarted tried to plug back the hd but to my surprise when i opened my my comp my pc got stuck no it was not even shutting down i mean wth!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
looks like insufficient power.i am assuming you are using 2.5" usb powered external hdd & best way to run such hdd's is by using a Y-usb cable & connect only to usb ports on back side of mobo.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have seen 40gb portable hdd facing same issue as yours because of insufficient power.what's the harm in trying?just buy 2 Y-usb cables which costs ~rs.50*2 & connect your hdd's to the back usb ports.

OP
gagan_kumar

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
srsly it works fine in my dell laptop which doesn't hav any powershare but my current mobo z77x ud3h has power share option.........
i think some bios setting might be changed bios read both the hard disks just fine.........

Top Bottom