Serious issue.PC doesnot boot. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26636

Heres the problem-when i switch on my pc the cpu starts fine,all fans spin,the graphic card's fan also spins.but the monitor shows "no signal". At first it booted till POST & stuck at "initialising usb controllers". After that it doesnot display anything at all.after some time it did boot but stuck again at logon screen & my usb mouse & usb keyboard stopped working.i couldn't login.the trouble is my usb keyboard & usb mouse are not detected at startup & my monitor remains black now.please give me a solution.i tried with changing display cable,using a ps/2 keyboard,changing ram ports but it didnt work.the m/b doesnot have a ps/2 port for mouse.what should i do now?my config is in my sig. The cpu seems to be running fine though i haven't tested with a different monitor.please help.
Thank you.

if the monitor remains black it may have some thing to do with ram

stuck at logon screen may also happen when hard disk drives connector are not connected properly it may also make post to take longer time since the disks cannot be properly read
so check your hard disk connectors

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Thanx for the replies.
I removed the keyboard & mouse.now i get this message- press DEL to run setup,press TAB to display BIOS POST message. So i reconnected the keyboard & restarted the pc but the message remains same.its just stuck there.nothing else happens. I've also checked my HDD connections.they are fine.also i've tried switching ram slots. That doesnot help.only once did it reach the logon screen but i couldn't enter the password as the keyboard was not detected. I've also tried connecting the keyboard & mouse to different usb ports but its still the same message.I dont know what to do now.

did the system crash?
there could be a bad sector created due to system crash which may prevent from reading the systemfiles

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Let me tell you how this started.just this morning i shifted the system in a tempo. There wasn't much rough road but maybe something happened. Just now i connected a ps/2 keyboard but even that isn't detected.the message remains the same.tried shutting down & switching it on again but nothing has changed.
Noticed something- the switch to the wall socket is off but yet the spike board is receiving power. Now what is this.something wrong with the power outlet? Although i doubt that has something to do with my problem.also noticed that the smps fan is not spinning.is that normal?Anyway removed the CMOS battery & reinserted it after 5mins.still the same message.i am too frustrated now.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

PSU fan not spinning? Bad sign mate. Do you have another PSU with which you can isolate it?

yeah i know.i'll get the power outlet repaired tomorrow. BTW, the issue is resolved.i removed my 1gb ram & the pc boots fine with the 2gb.guess the 1gb's gone. Anyway i've switched off the pc.will check the ram & psu after the power outlet is repaired.
Thanx everyone for the replies.
EDIT: i connected the PC to a different power outlet but yet the PSU fan isn't spinning.so i switched off the pc & tried to rotate the fan with a screw driver.it was kind of stuck & really tight. The processor & cabinet fans can be easily rotated by hand.has my PSU fan gone bad?the PSU seems to be working fine though as everything else is working right.so what can i do now?its only an year old(its a CM 600W).

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy a new PSU, because though it might be working properly now, that may not be the case as we progress into the summer and the HD4850 isn't going to help with the temps.
Also, I would caution against trying to repair the PSU by yourself since the capacitors hold a lot of charge and you might accidentally get a shock.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Buy a new PSU, because though it might be working properly now, that may not be the case as we progress into the summer and the HD4850 isn't going to help with the temps.
Also, I would caution against trying to repair the PSU by yourself since the capacitors hold a lot of charge and you might accidentally get a shock.

well i just opened the grille to clean the fan but the fan still doesn't spin.its still under warranty so maybe i can get it replaced.buying a new one is not an option as i cannot afford any.where is cooler master's service centre in mumbai?will i get a replacement or will they repair it?how long is it going to take?even now i don't understand how this happened.its just an year old.please tell me what options i have now.
Thank you.

See Cooler Master site for more detail on tech support and warranty.

If you have bought the PSU from an authorised dealer talk to him, he might send it or may know someone who might help.

Don't poke the fan or leave any visible signs of tampering.

[offtopic]What the F**K is the problem with this site.Why in the name of god does this f***king site log you off by the time you are done writing your reply and then not allowing you to commit the reply after you have completed the login.I hope the moron/s running the site reads this and does something about it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well i just opened the grille to clean the fan but the fan still doesn't spin.its still under warranty so maybe i can get it replaced.buying a new one is not an option as i cannot afford any.where is cooler master's service centre in mumbai?will i get a replacement or will they repair it?how long is it going to take?even now i don't understand how this happened.its just an year old.please tell me what options i have now.
Thank you.
You'll get a replacement if the fan isn't functioning properly. Don't try to open the PSU or mess around with the fan yourself. Coolermaster's replacement policy is very simple. I just found it out from TE forums. You just need to pack your PSU, call up Oxford Express. They will pick it up & deliver the replacement to you as well. Charges aren't borne by you.

Details of Oxford Express in Mumbai:
MR.SANTOSH DIXIT
3, BORICHA NIWAS NEAR AKRUTI TOWER,
SHRADHANAND ROAD,
VILE PARLE (E)
MUMBAI.

Phone no:
Land Line : 022-32010390
Mobile: 09892229960/09323889633/09321953701

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

thanx...will contact them today...how long will it take to get replaced or repaired?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Would depend on the availability of the product. Usually the turnaround time is anywhere between 7-14 business working days.

OT: Were you up all night fixing this problem?

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

OT: Were you up all night fixing this problem?

well not exactly..i slept at about 2am...no use staying up when you can't do anything.:-(..so now it'll be about 15 days without my PC.:-(wonder how the fan stopped working??it was fine about a week ago.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm not sure either, but either dust has accumulated in it (thus blocking it) or the fan has actually gone dead. If you have a blower, try blowing some dust out. See if it rotates after that. Also I wouldn't run the PC in this state, if I were you.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

Well i never thought a CM Psu would show problems within a year.is it because my pc is on 24/7 for months together.do you think i should get a better psu(perhaps a corsair),something that can be run for long hours at a stretch.or should i stick with mine?which one would you suggest if i buy a new one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom