Send your name to Moon : NASA

Status
Not open for further replies.

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
SEND YOUR NAME TO MOON!!!

Its no joke​

The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter is NASA’s next big mission to the Moon, & it will launch later this year. It will carry a camera that will have 50 cm resolution on the surface of the Moon, a laser altimeter for mapping the lunar topology, a radiation detector to map out the radiation environment of the Moon, and more.

But there’s something else it can carry as well: your name. NASA is putting a microchip onboard LRO that will contain the names of anyone who submits them. Send them your own, or a relative, or someone you’re trying to impress.

Click to send your name: *lro.jhuapl.edu/NameToMoon/index.php

I think this is a cute idea. It doesn’t hurt the mission, doesn’t add any real mass, but it can help inspire people about space travel and give them a sense of ownership. They even have a cute video about it.

Click to see the video: *www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/index.html

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
You will be the first one having an Alien GF

No thanks, I'll stick with humans. Now, this seems a perfect opportunity for a related joke...

A space shuttle from earth landed on mars, and all astronauts went to explore the land. They all met up after 3 hours. But one guy was still missing. They waited and waited, and finally he came scared and running like hell. Everyone asked him what was wrong.

"I met an alien girl, and asked her about their lives, society etc, she said that they reproduce by pressing a button in a machine. Then she asked me how humans do it. I showed her, and now she's chasing me, asking to give MY machine!!!"

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Bots must have sent millions of names already, look at the site, not even a Captcha included. Poor move to regain public appeal after so many failures.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I feel something strange.. I guess NASA is sending the names of people who will be the guinea pig for some alien experiment.. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW.. Does NASA have something up their sleeves

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Yeah.. They're gonna give your name and ask aliens to choose one... The alien gets to take home 1 person in the list.. :lol::lol:

Sent my name:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom