Seeder warning - Fake torrents

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
aryayush said:
I know they do. I am just trying to exaggerate the fact that 99% of torrent activity is about illegal stuff. I do it, koolbluez does it, you do it - the whole technically unchallenged world does it. :p

I dun do it. My PC does it for me:D

Anyway is it safe to dl from any site where weve membership?

And if everybody starts thinking that 'its safe to dl a file which even 1 buddy has completed then how wud nyone start a file for first??:D
just jokin.
I think the problem is more in US and UK, but most guys dling pirated stuffs are from UK or US as seen on client?? Does piracy exist there also in large scale?

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
aravind_n20 said:
I think the problem is more in US and UK, but most guys dling pirated stuffs are from UK or US as seen on client?? Does piracy exist there also in large scale?
Piracy is a virus, Aravindesha... affects man/woman... boy/girl... young/old... India/US... good/bad...rich/poor... city/village... anything & everything. It is rampant... no matter what.

Until rates come to reason & open-sourcing & freeware bcome the major power.. piracy'll prevail... whatever the steps taken...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
aravind_n20 said:
And if everybody starts thinking that 'its safe to dl a file which even 1 buddy has completed then how wud nyone start a file for first??:D
The uploader, original seeder, would have the complete file. :)

sivarap

In the zone
One thing i don't understand about P2P..... Aren't u opening a gate for threat allowing access to your PC directly????? Or am i totally wrong about the P2P concept?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@sivarap'
yes, there is a direct P@P network, but nothing other that the dl files are transferred in 99% cases as all transfer is controlled by clients like u torrent etc.
So u dun have to worry bout malware,spyware and viruses.

U just have to worry for the police who tracks the downloaders. But if u are in India there is less than 1% risk.

anispace

dattebayo
^^^
make that less than 0.000008172% risk.

i have personally never encountered a fake torrent. i only use demonoid, torrentbox n eztv sites to download stuff. these r quite reliable sites.
demonoid isnt work since the past 4days though. any1 know why??
or is it just due to some routine maintainence work.

sivarap

In the zone
Its very obvious that most of the stuffs are pirated. WHAT IF the file u think is a game deploys out a trojan or a malware.
can someone suggest some freewares to protect the PC.?

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Goin back to the age-old windows protection programme... hmmm... *www.day.az/forum/style_emoticons/default/thinking.gif... COMODO Personal Firewall, Grisoft AVG Antivirus...

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
And dont forget Peer Guardian 2....it has a list of 94 crore ip address which includes educational institutions,Companies,Police IPs....it blocks all of them....

Josan

Gangsta
Awareness of the fake torrents by numerous blogs & anti-piracy campaign among the populace had made everyone aware of the possibility of fake torrents on the internet, they may stop and think twice about downloading that latest movie, thus reducing piracy.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
sivarap said:
Its very obvious that most of the stuffs are pirated. WHAT IF the file u think is a game deploys out a trojan or a malware.
can someone suggest some freewares to protect the PC.?
Torrents are really safe. You don't need to worry much unless you are a total dunderhead. :)

Chill out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom