Seasonic S12II 520W, NO backup on APC UPS

virajkin

Journeyman
Hi everyone

For past few days I face an issue with my APC 1100 VA UPS backup i.e when the mains AC power goes off the UPS doesn't give any backup and directly goes OFF giving a long beep. Earlier I thought its a UPS issue so to cross check, I got a friends Numeric 1KVA UPS but here also I faced same problem. I tested my UPS with friends system. He is having a Corsair GS 600 PSU. My UPS works perfectly fine with his system

So I found that there is a issue with my Seasonic 520W PSU so its not giving UPS backup and trips off. After searching on internet also found that few people have faced same issue like this

Kindly give your suggestions. Should I do RMA of my PSU from Tirupati Enterprises?

sinhead

Broken In
I have the same PSU and It doesn't give back up on my microtek ups.

From what I read here and other forums - some PSUs don't handle the power generated by a UPS battery since it is different from the power that we get from the mains.

activePfc_ upsCcompatb.JPG

But anyway, I too am looking for a solution, hope your thread leads me to it. Waiting for suggestion by experts.

Last edited:

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
This might be a funny question but did you check the wall socket for power? Did you check the PSU directly connected to the wall socket?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^ since he mentioned 'when the mains AC power goes off the UPS doesn't give any backup', his pc should be working perfectly fine when the AC power is on!

seasonic higher end units infact has problems with non-pure sine wave upses. but the capacity of the ups accounts as well. what i think is your psu's active pfc circuit is malfunctioning/damaged. you may better rma your psu.
do you use your pc on battery for a long time? that is not good for active pfc psus, especially seasonic wont love that!

OP
V

virajkin

Journeyman
^^ since he mentioned 'when the mains AC power goes off the UPS doesn't give any backup', his pc should be working perfectly fine when the AC power is on!

seasonic higher end units infact has problems with non-pure sine wave upses. but the capacity of the ups accounts as well. what i think is your psu's active pfc circuit is malfunctioning/damaged. you may better rma your psu.
do you use your pc on battery for a long time? that is not good for active pfc psus, especially seasonic wont love that!

Thanks for the reply, BTW I have sent my PSU for RMA at Tirupati Kolkata office. I dont use the UPS for long time on Battery, as main power goes i Immediately Shut down the systm in 2 minutes

Top Bottom