Search for a serious NAV alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

I prefer NAV2K4 with Sygate as I m using it, but U can also go for KAV 7 Sygate, I prefer Sygate, set it & forget it & less irritating then Zone Alarm, I m using it from the last 2.5 years

Zone Alarm is not compatible with ANV

[flAsh]

In the zone
AVG sucks!! its free version doesn't even identifies virus.
McAfee is a good option but then it detect simple macros as viruses and deletes the files(in default settings). So I wud say stick NAV2K4 or u can use NAV2K5 when it is out. When usin any AV don't 4get 2 regularly update Virus Database or else whichever AV u use virus attack is not gonna stop

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, I've used NAV before, and I used to run into severe problems where I had to reinstall Naughty Norton after a SysRestore operation. Not to mention that if I wanted to play any games, I had to turn off auto-protect to get good framerates (this was before Intel's HT came along though :D) So, I turned to McAfee Professional and I've been happy ever since. Combined with ZoneAlarm Pro and the latest Windows Updates, I've managed to lock my system up tighter than before. Did I mention that the AVsignature updates are smaller to download? :D Sorry, but I am not about to switch for now. I'll have to check out VirusScan 10 though and compare it with NAV05 before I switch. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom