seagate vs wd

Status
Not open for further replies.

quad_master

Tired of being sorry!
I wanna buy an external HDD…capacity 320 GB or 500 GB:D…point is should I go for western digital or Seagate?? notice the price difference in case of 500GB...Confused!!:confused:
Their price I found on respective site-

Seagate- FreeAgent Pro
320GB, FireWire400, USB 2.0, eSATA, $ 85.99
500GB, FireWire400, USB 2.0, eSATA, $ 169.99
western digital- My Book Home Edition
500 GB, USB 2.0, FireWire 400, eSATA,
$139.99
320 GB, USB 2.0, FireWire 400, eSATA, $129.99

vivek.virgo

Journeyman
hi,

I too have ext HDD on my shopping list. :)

Came across this price list *www.theitwares.com/hdd/hdd.htm The diff between Seagate and WD MyBook Home is only rs 100. MyBook Essential costs less though maybe due to lack of eSATA??

Can anyone tell me if the drive will be replaced in case of bad sectors?

Vivek

Last edited:

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
i have heard a lot of bad things abt seagate on forum and many ppl have had negative experiences with their products so WD seems better to me i also am planning to buy 500gb 3.5" ext hdd in next 15 days

OP
quad_master

quad_master

Tired of being sorry!
@vivek.virgo thnx 4 the link...
can somebody give me a link where i can build my pc...i have already tried the DELL's simulator;)
western digital- My Book Home Edition
500 GB, USB 2.0, FireWire 400, eSATA, $139.99
320 GB, USB 2.0, FireWire 400, eSATA, $129.99
im takin abt this portion...how it cud be possible dat 320gb nd 500gb price differs by only 10usd??:rolleyes: i'll be happy^100 then!!hehehe
however one serious concern...these models r available in kolkata??:confused:

Last edited:

Jayanth.M.P

Journeyman
WD is better in performance but has only 3 years warranty. But Seagate has 5 years warranty....u decide. And by the way dont go with all that WD Door 2 Door CRAP. its a **** process -- packing couriering etc. But the performance of WD drives and their life time is great.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Seagate Sata II that is available has a lot of problems, a lot of reliability issues, a lot of members on this forum faced them (including me). So as of now, WD is better.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I would suggest you to go for WD or Hitachi. I am having a WD 500 gigs HDD. No issues with it yet.

@Jayanth
Even WD has 5 years warranty now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom