Seagate launches 4 TB portable USB powered HDD

Source: Seagate Brings Out Backup Plus FAST External Drive

Official product page: Backup Plus Fast HDD Portable Drive: External USB 3.0 Hard Drive 4TB | Seagate

Features:

> Two 2.5" drives in RAID 0 (stripping).
> USB 3
> Does not require external power. Completely powered by USB.

Cost: 299.99 USD

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It would be better if they actually provide 4TB of storage where 1 TB =1099511627776 Bytes and not 1000000000000 Bytes.

I'll but it after a price drop to ~260$

bubusam13

Human
They have 1 year warranty in their internal hard drive. My father bought one last year and in just 13th month, it gone bad. I will never ever buy seagate anymore unless they increase their RMA

sksundram

In the zone
@ Luffy..all storage devices have the memory capacity in terms of thousand (KILO). You are confused b/w kilobyte and kibibyte.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@ Luffy..all storage devices have the memory capacity in terms of thousand (KILO). You are confused b/w kilobyte and kibibyte.

Nope, I'm saying that windows reports those 1 TB HDD's as 931.65 GB because windows' reports 1KB =1024 bytes, 1MB=1024 KBs and so on (base 2 system). Manufacturers used this system way back for storage calculations. Don't know why they jumped on to base 10 system for it and changed the namings.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
raid 0 is worst option in terms of reliability of data which is usually the purpose of large capacity external hdd.failure of 1 disk means failure of both disks in raid 0.raid 0 is meant for faster writing speeds in servers/data centres with multiple backups not external usb hdd used by average user.

Top Bottom