SE Xperia launched in India today !

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Today Sony Ericsson announced the mid-March availability of 4 new original panels. So, we’ve got a CNN panel for news, sports and weather reports, a Skype panel, the function of which should be obvious; a rather gambling-oriented Mytopia panel and a “On the Road” panel, which gives you access to the music player, easy call handling and navi tools via conveniently-sized shortcuts. Here are the details (quoting SE’s press release):

A new CNN panel keeps you constantly updated with the latest news, sport, or weather and a host of CNN content including access to CNN’s popular citizen journalism tool, ‘i-Report’. Browse information by category, personalise your experience or plug in your location and get instant updates for wherever you are in the world.
A unique Skype panel brings quick access to Skype on the X1, telling you at a glance which of your friends are online. Browse easily through your contacts and call or instant message them in just a couple of clicks, or customise your handset using the evening, daylight or event based effects.
For those who just want to have fun, a new Mytopia panel lets you play bingo and poker games with people around the world. With millions of users there is always someone online to play against or you can play by yourself. You can even collect virtual coins and improve your rank by winning live matches.
For those always on the move, the specially developed ‘On the Road’ panel includes large touch icons and a simple layout. Offering direct access to your music playlists and tracks, navigation tools and easy to use call-handling, this panel will makes your driving convenient and entertaining wherever the road takes you.

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
So whats the current price of Xperia in India ?? Its been nearly three months now. I guess *MANY* people here were sure of getting it for 25k within a month after its launch. :)

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
Its 36k here.

@pat- I am sure you mistook a year for a month.

Naah..I specifically remember someone saying "a month and it will be in my pocket for 25k from Alfa" and I had replied saying "we will see" ;)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95451&highlight=pocket&page=9

Yea well..was just going through that thread. Who was the person who said it should be launched for around 31k ;)
Also you can see whom I was talking about (from 40k to 25k in a month)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom