SE k850 - Unusual Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_1710

Youngling
hi guys..

My friends has a Sony Ericsson k850 and its got this unusual problem.
He had inserted another k850's memory card (working one) into his mobile and switched on but it didn't power up, from then onwards his mobile doesn't switch on. When the power button is pressed, it vibrates and then the normal white light fills the screen and then goes off, it continues this way until the battery is pulled out. He has tried changing the batteries, start the mobile without the memory card, etc .. :confused: :confused:
I dont know much about SE phones.. so help me out guys..
Note: Anything like the Nokia's 3 key hard format for SE phones??

k_blues24

Journeyman
There is the "master reset" setting in Settings > General u can try this but before that backup every thing i.e. Sms, pics, all contacts, etc.
It will store factory default settings.
If phone is under warrenty take it to the service center I think its hardware problem

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Just do a firmware update. Click on Continue anyway when prompted in the update software. Everything will be solved.

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
There is the "master reset" setting in Settings > General u can try this but before that backup every thing i.e. Sms, pics, all contacts, etc.
It will store factory default settings.
If phone is under warrenty take it to the service center I think its hardware problem
I doesn't switch on at all buddy... :(

dreamcatcher said:
Just do a firmware update. Click on Continue anyway when prompted in the update software. Everything will be solved.
How do you do that without its data cable?? .. cos my friend lives in hostel, he hasn't got his data cable!! :?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Awesome.Thats great. Without data cable its impossible.He probably got a corrupt memory card and it screwed up the systems. Now look for a service station.

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
hmmm.. he says he got it from abroad and has no waranty.. so no service center!
he's plannin to give it to me for the firmware upgrade, and i got a k750's data cable from my friend.. will dat be able to do the job??

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
My K750 got into the same problem when I accidentally spilled a little water on it......When I switched the mobile, it used 2 vibrate a little displaying the Sony Logo and then fill with white light..Nothing used 2 get displayed..It was out of warranty...I gave it in the service centre...They say there must b a problem in display...The repair will cost arnd 1k...:x

I don't think that the firmware upgrade will be of any use...It seems 2 b a hardware problem...In my case, I was able 2 transfer all my contacts 2 sim after connecting the cell with a usb cable 2 computer ( THE DISPLAY WAS STILL BLANK WITH WHITE LIGHT)..The cell was detected coz the software on the cell was working internally..So, it is a hw problem..

My cell was out of warranty, still the service centre took it for repairing..U can also try in any of the Sony service centres...Sony gives international warranty, I guess....They may ask u 2 display the warranty card/bill or they may check cell's status online before taking it 4 repairing..

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
firmware update wont clear ur user files...but maybe contacts will be lost.

i wud say, u shud first try to connect it using that K750's cable(cable is same) and try to update using SEUS.

shaunak

Tux Fan
hmmm.. he says he got it from abroad and has no waranty.. so no service center!
he's plannin to give it to me for the firmware upgrade, and i got a k750's data cable from my friend.. will dat be able to do the job??

Dosnt matter where you bought it from. It probably has worldwide warrenty.
And even if it dosnt, they charge just 300/-

Get them to do it for you...
They do it everyday, they have more practice. :p

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
Guys, i have downloaded SEUS and after connecting the phone , the recognising phone process starts. Then i get a message telling that there are no updates available and the phone is up to date.
What am i to do now??

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
^^^ My fren enquired with them and they told that it'll cost 50% of the phone's cost for the repair.. :x
They tell its some motherBoard failure, and can be repaired only with da replacement of the mother board..
But one of the local mobile repair walla told that it cant be a faulty motherboard and has to be something with the software..

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^ My fren enquired with them and they told that it'll cost 50% of the phone's cost for the repair.. :x
They tell its some motherBoard failure, and can be repaired only with da replacement of the mother board..
But one of the local mobile repair walla told that it cant be a faulty motherboard and has to be something with the software..

My God......Is there any other Sony Service Centre in ur area where u can inquire? And don't give the mobile to a local guy for repairing....He will not be reliable..Plus it will void the warranty as well (if it is still there), I guess...

I m shelling out 1k on the repair of my K750..:x

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
thats the same reply they gave me yesterday when i said my phone was dropped in water. they said there was short circuit in the motherboard and 75% of the phone's cost will be charged.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
It says dat there are no updates, the software on the phone is up to date...

yeah it will say its upto date since u have latest firmy...

dont mind it ..

we are goiing to reinstall the same firmware...

just give CONTINUE ANYWAY.....

if it doesnt solve... u can try to do the above procedure on sometohersystemmm as ..if u have done the update on the current system.. its highly likely that the cached firmy on the hard disk only is going to re-written..

but most probably this will solve the prob...

another question is ... do u have a BROD ( blue ring of death ) ie when u on .. the blue ring around the camera .. turns on and stays there.... ( ususally it flashes and goes way ) .... if thats the case ... u have to give it to service centre.. dont worry .. mostly they wont charge .. u....

if they ask for anywarranty ... just say some reason .. or use some influence...

but first try the first solution and see if it works...

will wait for ur reply..

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
thanks for the reply naveen...
I have tried in three other systems, and the updater tells da same !
btw, the blue ring around the cam flashes and goes away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom