Screen Flashing Bug in Crysis 2007

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
I am facing some weird "Flashing Textures" bug in Crysis 2007
I was playing the "Reckoning" stage

just when i come out of the ship to Kill the alien hunter, the textures of the sky starts flashing uncontrollably
weird thing is when i turn towards any other thing except the sky, it turns normal:?:
i turn to the ground or wall or crate, its fine
but when the sky comes to focus everything starts flashing and i am blinded:sad:

For reference here is my Hardware setup
AMD Athlon II X4 635@1.25v
Sapphire HD Radeon 6850@Stock volts--Catalyst 11.5
Corsair 2x2GB DDR3 VS
Corsair VX450

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ what in the holy hell does Vsync got to do with Flashing textures :/

@funky, try truning off Catalyst AI in CCC, and other AF aids. :) Tinker around with MLAA aids ads well. This is quite a common bug in Crysis.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^ what in the holy hell does Vsync got to do with Flashing textures :/

@funky, try truning off Catalyst AI in CCC, and other AF aids. :) Tinker around with MLAA aids ads well. This is quite a common bug in Crysis.

Apparently Vsync makes a difference for flashing textures. Specially where there is bloom. Crytek uses a ton of it.........!
:)
I keep it on for Crysis, Warhead, Cry2.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Apparently Vsync makes a difference for flashing textures. Specially where there is bloom. Crytek uses a ton of it.........!
:)
I keep it on for Crysis, Warhead, Cry2.

I think Implementation of Vsyc is to restrict FPS so that it matches with screen refresh rate. I think Vsync comes into play only in frame buffer, where the frame has been fully rendered. Especially after implementing shader effects like Bloom,HDR to the frame. So, I don't think Vsync causes any of those things. At most, poor implementation of vsync causes stutter and control lag.

Please, correct me If I am wrong. :)

@funky...

Go to CCC, select 'Gaming' tab, and '3d applications' there.. turn off 'Smooth vision HD' this tinkers with AF settings to make game's texture looks much better. and also diable "Catalyst A.I."

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Not saying you are wrong, but that is what it is. :)
Read on the Cry2 bloom and flicker issue with XfireX. There are 2 fixes for this:

1. Enable vSync.
2. Use RadeonPRO by JapAMD.

OP
funkysourav

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
wow guys that solved it!!
i turned on Vsync and
turned off AA and the Catalyst Control Center
it must have been one of the above which worked,
but it did work
Thanks a lot guys, i was going crazy with fear that maybe my card is at fault
but it still does randomly Freeze you know, no complete cure for good ol crysis :)

Top Bottom