Scientists confirm existence of elusive 117th element

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think the biggest difference is that in the US, they don't play politics on caste or religion. They run politics on issues such as welfare and healthcare.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
I think the biggest difference is that in the US, they don't play politics on caste or religion. They run politics on issues such as welfare and healthcare.

its because they don't have many caste and religions...

95 % of population are either Christians or jews ( By birth not by mind ) and they have only 1 god unlike in india every different temple for every different type of god and religion plus here there are so many castes ..

its nothing bad its just different .. they have their issues we have ours.. for eg- like i said before Gun laws there are a very big deal... but its not so much in india on a general level..

Drugs are so famous there.. that is a lot bigger issue there.. in india its not such a big deal..

people are happy here with alcohol,tobacco,smoking..
- - - Updated - - -

Point ! and if you live in such a country with those laws you get used to that .

same way you should get used to corruption,religions,castes, if you live in india ..

you should thank god at least we are not born in ****ed up countries like north korea.. where you can't even access internet if you are not a government official .. whastapp,facebook,instagram is blocked there.. government monitors every online activity stricter than USA .. i read somewhere smartphones are banned also not sure.. and thankfully we are not born in countries where constantly people are getting killed in Wars in this day and age..

if you don't like where you live move to a better place if you can .. if you can't then adapt or perish..

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Endorsing the true facts and views by everybody,I think we are deviating away from the topic.
Yes it's not a wholesome paradise or utopian society in the West,but whatever negative aspect they possess is far outweighed by their positive attitude,unique thinking,work culture,ethos,etc...

Hence,the result to Success.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
its because they don't have many caste and religions...

95 % of population are either Christians or jews ( By birth not by mind ) and they have only 1 god unlike in india every different temple for every different type of god and religion plus here there are so many castes ..

From your quote, 95% is a bit of a stretch, I believe that around 70% of the US population would be Christians and less than 4-5% would be Jews. The rest of the people are of many other religions. Hell, even among the 70% Christians, around 50% don't follow religious practices and do not consider themselves religious.

USA is more liberal and they do not push a religious agenda. People of almost every religion live there too, but the politicians do not run politics over it.

As for races (casteism is a type of racism), there are people who are native americans, caucasians, people of german, swiss, swedish, italian, spanish, mexican, iraqi, indian, african decents etc. Interracial marriages are not scorned over over there and therefore, there are many people who are of mixed races but they do not face prejudice since the government enforces freedom to do whatever you want in this regard.

Except the native americans, everyone else is of some or the other decent. I must say that America is just as diverse as India, if not a little less. However, racism is not tolerated there, the politicians do not show favourism towards any religion.

- - - Updated - - -

Endorsing the true facts and views by everybody,I think we are deviating away from the topic.
Yes it's not a wholesome paradise or utopian society in the West,but whatever negative aspect they possess is far outweighed by their positive attitude,unique thinking,work culture,ethos,etc...

Hence,the result to Success.

We must always learn from the positive aspects of other societies but reject the negative aspects.

Flash

Lost in speed
Point is, they only see the scientists as scientists; Religion has no place in the field of science there.

Flash

Lost in speed
The new periodic table:

*i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/05/article-2620508-1D9589F500000578-982_634x422.jpg

rish1

Cyborg Agent
From your quote, 95% is a bit of a stretch, I believe that around 70% of the US population would be Christians and less than 4-5% would be Jews.

yeah true 95 % was a bit of stretch .. i wanted to emphasize the point

The rest of the people are of many other religions. Hell, even among the 70% Christians, around 50% don't follow religious practices and do not consider themselves religious.

that's why i said by birth not by mind

USA is more liberal and they do not push a religious agenda. People of almost every religion live there too, but the politicians do not run politics over it.

As for races (casteism is a type of racism), there are people who are native americans, caucasians, people of german, swiss, swedish, italian, spanish, mexican, iraqi, indian, african decents etc. Interracial marriages are not scorned over over there and therefore, there are many people who are of mixed races but they do not face prejudice since the government enforces freedom to do whatever you want in this regard.
Except the native americans, everyone else is of some or the other decent. I must say that America is just as diverse as India, if not a little less. However, racism is not tolerated there, the politicians do not show favourism towards any religion.
[/quote]

they are ahead of time , because of literacy level , general awareness,.. yeah the government doesn't forces any favoritism because they are simply ahead of our leaders in terms of everything.. and the major part of this is because of the population .. the population there is much advanced in terms of knowledge , open mindedness , beliefs , bias etc so they know they aren't going to win votes on the basis of these aspects as the population is too much mature and beyond religions and caste like things .. like you said that there is also lot of variety in Castes like koreans,indians,germans etc but the key difference is maturity and knowledge level of those vs the natives.. they are the very best and hardworking people of their respective castes who have migrated in search of better opportunities . . whereas in india the population is very close minded because of closed belief systems , knowledge ,different types and variety of religious atmosphere , educational systems

it was not too long ago when black people , homosexuals were so discriminated and humiliated upon

point is they are just ahead of us in time .. government is defined by the population .. our population will take time in evolving but thanks to internet i can guarantee in the next 30-40 years when the Facebook and video gaming generation takes control of india .. india will not be very different from what usa is today..

P.s- apologies for going off topic .. last post from me .. as always it was nice having discussions desmond , kg11bg. . it opens up our way of understanding things and learnings from other's viewpoints

Last edited:

Inceptionist

Journeyman
If you think that religion has no place in the field of science in US, you don't know what happens in the Bible belt or what Christian fanatics are trying to do.
They are trying to introduce concept named 'Intelligent Design' into science syllabus which basically says we were created by a God and the theory of evolution is a joke.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design

I can't imagine something like this happening in India. Thankfully, many people in US and rest of the world (with few exceptions) oppose this idea and won't take creationists seriously.

Edit:

Please edit the N-word in Rish's post.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
If you think that religion has no place in the field of science in US, you don't know what happens in the Bible belt or what Christian fanatics are trying to do.
They are trying to introduce concept named 'Intelligent Design' into science syllabus which basically says we were created by a God and the theory of evolution is a joke.

I can't imagine something like this happening in India. Thankfully, many people in US and rest of the world (with few exceptions) oppose this idea and won't take creationists seriously.

Edit:

sorry about the n word edited it..

but isn't theory of evolution wrong or incomplete ?

i remember reading or watching documentary how theory of evolution was scientifically incomplete/wrong and that is why it remains a theory to this day.. would like to hear about it ( links ) if you are aware about recent developments ?

Inceptionist

Journeyman
You need to watch Cosmos(I recommend both 1984 and 2014) then.

Theory of Evolution is a fact, it happened and it has massive amount of evidence in its favour.

The Wikipedia article should be a good starting place with hundreds of reference links.

This video is also very nice. I'm Fan of this man.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Edit:

Creationists are mostly just normal people. The church does not enforce creationism. This is just something that people are trying to bring about but religion, though responsible, does not play a role in this. Therefore, no one should take them seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

However, I am compelled to think that the human body and the bodies of other organisms work with such perfection that it could be possible that we could have been made by another being(s). Aliens perhaps.

I do believe human beings to be robots of flesh and blood though.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Creationists are mostly just normal people. The church does not enforce creationism. This is just something that people are trying to bring about but religion, though responsible, does not play a role in this. Therefore, no one should take them seriously.

But the problem is, they are being taken seriously.

However, I am compelled to think that the human body and the bodies of other organisms work with such perfection that it could be possible that we could have been made by another being(s). Aliens perhaps.

I do believe human beings to be robots of flesh and blood though.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmaker_analogy

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i don't believe in watchmaker analogy.people who argue about humans being complex organisms requiring designer forgets that our solar system with planet like Saturn with rings were all just gas in the beginning.a watch is designed & made in a short period of time but evolution takes millions of years.if a cloud of gas can transform into a star with planets & satellites orbiting it with designs like rings,frozen/liquid oceans of gas,red spots etc then why is it so hard to imagine that evolution over a million years will produce organisms of complex design.

Top Bottom