Say Bye Bye To China Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

priyan

Right off the assembly line
I think this rule is not fully implemented in INDIA. Because in my city i am seeing more than 50 China mobile owners everyday. Also one of my friend who running a Mobile shop selling atleast 10 China Mobile phones every day.

China phones are 100% pure pirated material. Looks ascamabin laden or ISI is planning on doing some serious stuff by using this china stuff. JUST MY THOUGHT NO OFFENCE OR ANYTHING.

OP
rosemolr

rosemolr

Journeyman
Sometimes i wonder why most of these china stuff are just craps..( except lenovo lappy..coz i own one :) )

din

Tribal Boy
I think Lenovo is the only exception !

I have 3 Viewsonic LCD monitors here. The first one 17 inch is pretty good, build quality is excellent and I love it. The last one I bought (19 inch) is crappy, I mean just by looking itself, we know the build quality is very poor. This is same for almost all companies.

Lenovo might be keeping the standards just coz of some agreements with IBM.

OP
rosemolr

rosemolr

Journeyman
lenovo rocks..Especially in stability and battery backup..you won't believe..ma lap never went crash.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Finally the directive is being implemented. HT too reported it yesterday and *tech2.in.com/india/news/mobile-phones/india-to-shut-off-25-mil.-mobiles-in-january/55081/0 as well. They will stop working Jan 06, 2009 onwards.

Finally the directive is being implemented. HT too reported it yesterday and *tech2.in.com/india/news/mobile-phones/india-to-shut-off-25-mil.-mobiles-in-january/55081/0 as well. They will stop working Jan 06, 2009 onwards.
Hope it is implemented successfully.

Musicmaker23

PowerDaemon
i'm really doubtful the chinese companies will come out with reliable phones with proper imei numbers...
good move by the government if it intends to see it through...

@thinkfree: thanks for mentioning the e-waste... people have started to go thru these phones like tissues thanks to their low prices & the amount of waste produced is unbearable considering india's problems with dealing with it!

Implementation would be successful, but most probably workarounds to get their phone working will be available to phone owners soon.
Even so, how much does the owner lose (if his china phone is locked)? 2-3K at the most? Consumers should understand security is crucial, after which comes practicality, features, etc.
But I bet they would not get as much features in a regular 2-3K phone as much as they would in a china phone, that would cause some probs :D

sibot

I did it all for d n00ki3
Tentative date is by 7th January, as far as I remember, or April Next year. I know theres a huge difference between the two, but I can't really recall the exact date I read in the newspaper.

Anyway, I'm glad they're going to phase out these obnoxious excuse of a phone. Its really pissing off when you see someone pop out his Chinese cellphone and blasts his music on it. Keep it simple, keep it real. I'd rather have a phone with no camera, no colors, no features than have a Chinese fake.

Hope it is implemented successfully.
Has to be, or atleast should be, since the Govt. is cracking down on terrorism, this is a move which should've been taken a long time ago. I used to think the cellphone companies were actually keeping a track of our IMEI no., isn't that the way its supposed to be?

Last edited:

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Excellent move by the government!!

But, what about those people who already own it? I wonder how will Government tackle that. This will be a tough task for sure.

OP
rosemolr

rosemolr

Journeyman
^^ any mobile could be easily tracked by the government..i think the plan will work as that the telecoms network will only accept a phone with approved imie..just like genuine phone like nokia,SE And all..i;am not sure about this..just a guess

sibot

I did it all for d n00ki3
It'll be not that difficult to implement, the service provider will block any cellphone that doesn't have an IMEI no. and not let the cellphone register on its network to use its services. Every IMEI no. is unique, but it can be cloned by using softwares, which again is illegal.

The IMEI (14 decimal digits plus a check digit) or IMEISV (16 digits) includes information on the origin, model, and serial number of the device.

OP
rosemolr

rosemolr

Journeyman
yesterday i saw an ad of china phone which says that it have approved imie number and all legal stuffs are ok with it and the crap is only 3000/- just like old touch screens..seems like they are returned with double power..but i just hate like anything..what do you think guys.no one can stop this utter craps ha.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom