saving data in pdf forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivarap

In the zone
anyone knows how to save the data in the pdf forms. I know its protected...but there should be some roundabout method.

Help guys.....

Last edited:

Adam Lee

Broken In
Do you mean you want to extract some data from a PDF file?
If that is what you mean than you may need something like PDF to text convertor.
I use FREE PDF text reader for that.Download it from *www.ctdeveloping.com/

After opening the PDF file in it,fo to file menu and select Save all pages as text files.Thats it!

OP
S

sivarap

In the zone
no....pdf allows forms....there can be text fields in the pdf. this is used in application forms like for visa application form..... but the data entered in it(name, etc) cannot be saved.... i want to type the data at home, take it to the browsing centre and print the forms.....help please.

OP
S

sivarap

In the zone
in adobe reader freeware, the option is disabled. u cannot save anything.

and whats the connection between printing and saving?

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
sivarap said:
and whats the connection between printing and saving?
:) BIG CONNECTION d00d :)
usin sw like CutePDF u can save any file dat can b printed as a PDF file

As 4 typin in pdf files u can do it wit Foxit Reader 2.0 and save it wit CutePDF
simple ;)

Last edited:

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
What I can't understand is that by protecting the file, the very basic purpose of the PDF form will be defeated. If you are trying to print a form that is already used and saved and protected by somebody else, then it is another matter. We get a lot of forms from ROC(Department of Company affairs) and we can save it, print it, but we cannot modify the form, i.e., we cannot add a new field.

slugger

Banned
Ramakrishnan said:
What I can't understand is that by protecting the file, the very basic purpose of the PDF form will be defeated. If you are trying to print a form that is already used and saved and protected by somebody else, then it is another matter. We get a lot of forms from ROC(Department of Company affairs) and we can save it, print it, but we cannot modify the form, i.e., we cannot add a new field.
ur point being :confused::confused:

c d guy who started d thread wants to type in sumthin in an xisting pdf file and take it sumver else 2 take its printout

FOXIT PDF viewer allows u to do so, but d problem wit d free version is dat it will leave a watermark [ugggh!!!] in d saved document

so wat i suggested was dat use Foxit 2 type out d required thing and den onece u finish typing instead of doing Ctrl+S 2 save d changed files do a Ctrl+P and wit CutePDF installed u can save it as a different PDF file wit no watermarksin it but typing remains voilla!!

using 2 freewares u get d work of a extremely over-paid sw

EDIT

ok ok i got ur point!!

d reason forms r protected from moddin is bcos dey dont want people 2 b able to mod d files [say, delete field wer u enter DOB] and distribute it 4 others 2 use and get misleaded

well i guess dey lost d battle here;)

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
adam lee said:
I use FREE PDF text reader for that.Download it from *www.ctdeveloping.com/

After opening the PDF file in it,fo to file menu and select Save all pages as text files.Thats it!

I think u can do it using adobe reader only. Just go to file>save as text

praka123

left this forum longback
A good option is,if u have Open office org installed instead of M$ office,u can just export as pdf directly.
*openoffice.org

ThinkFree

Technomancer
praka123 said:
A good option is,if u have Open office org installed instead of M$ office,u can just export as pdf directly.
*openoffice.org

But the size of pdf file created that way is equivalent to size you would have in .doc form. When I tried it I found that a file saved in pdf format with open office it was 61 KB but with pdf creator I was able to save the same file in pdf using just 24 KB of space

OP
S

sivarap

In the zone
asnvin said:
But the size of pdf file created that way is equivalent to size you would have in .doc form. When I tried it I found that a file saved in pdf format with open office it was 61 KB but with pdf creator I was able to save the same file in pdf using just 24 KB of space
yeah...but I already have the pdf file....how do u suppose i convert it to be read by openoffice.....

asnvin said:
You can use cutepdf or pdf creator to save any printable file in pdf format
Tried that....but the file is encrypted so the actuall text comes as "." s...the text i type comes correctly though :D....

I tried something called aloha form saver....i was not able to see the actual text in the aloha window(since the pdf is encrypted) but the fields were visible....so opened the form in both aloha and acrobat.....filled the data based on the text in acrobat reader......and svaed it thro aloha.....IT WORKS....:)

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
u cud do pdf to word conversion usin

CIB pdf brewer Version 2

if u want 2 continue using Word den u can easily save it again back into pdf using CutePDF

sivarap said:
the actuall text comes as "." s...the text i type comes correctly though :D....

can u explain it further?? just curious :)

OP
S

sivarap

In the zone
slugger said:
u cud do pdf to word conversion usin

CIB pdf brewer Version 2

if u want 2 continue using Word den u can easily save it again back into pdf using CutePDF

can u explain it further?? just curious :)
First....all i wanted was to save the text i type...so no diff if its in pdf or word....
second....I did try converting into word...the alainment of the tables was getting S***wed......

when a pdf file is encrypted, the third party s/w like aloha or cutepdf shld also be able to decrypt it...this mostly unavailable in freewares.... and we have to buy the full version to get the data properly decrypted....hope that answers....

also read my edited text in the prev post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom