Sapphire HD 5670 no output

bubusam13

Human
Hi, from last two days when I start my computer, after a few minutes my screen would become completely red or yellow or blue with black strips. I was having no issue before that. Today I am getting no output from my video card. The cooler is running. I checked using my motherboard onboard graphics and everything is working fine. But when ever I connect using my Graphics card(Sapphire HD 5670 1GB DDR5), I get no output. Please help me resolve the issue ASAP.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Your GPU Memory has developed problem. I'm not sure if that can be replaced by soldering, else your gpu has died for sure.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Nothing like that happened. Thank you all for replying. I corrected my problem. I will post details with pictures shortly. Presently my camera is out of charge.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
My card was performing odd because "too much of everything is bad", same goes for too much maintenance. I applied too much thermal paste in the GPU heat sink. So it leaked and shorted the electronic components. I also later cleaned it and too it to a technician also but he was also unable to detect the problem and advised me to get a new card. Actually I cleaned it with well with a tissue and no one could tell anything from outer inspection of the GPU.
I was not convinced that the card should go wrong all of a sudden without any prior symptom. I thought of giving it a try myself and inspected it with a magnifying glass and I could see thermal paste stuck at the component's end. Used vacuum cleaner but in vain. So "do or die situation" I used the brush on my LCD monitor cleaning kit and rubbed it's edges thoroughly on the GPU. Luckily it cleaned all the grease and Hurray !! my card is working now. This time I applied only a very minute layer of thermal paste and this time my card's idle temperature is also lower, 38 degree than previous 45 degree.

*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/DSCN2167_zps79759806.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So there is nothing to do with GPU Memory or my GPU going kaput.
May I ask your recommendations on any after market GPU cooler and heat sink paste(grey or white ?)

Top Bottom