Samsung LCD SyncMaster b2030 Problem

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Hi!
I have a Samsung LCD (SyncMaster B2030) that I brought last year on july . Since connecting it from the first time it is not going to it's native resolution 1600x900 (even if I do something and set it to 1600x900 it sets but the screen is not completely viewable only 2/3 can be seen rest 1/3 comes only by dragging the mouse to left):???: . Even after installing the graphics card (Zotac GT 240) it still doesnt goes any higher than 1280x1024.

If it matters I Have installed the latest graphics driver . I have installed and reinstalled but it doesnt do anything.

Can anyone tell me what the problem could be.
Waiting for an answer....

OP
rajatGod512

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Pls help anyone ....

Currently its running Windows 7 Ultimate (the problem still persists) before it ran Win Xp SP3.

Config- Intel Core2Duo E7500 @2.93 Ghz|MSI G41M-P26 |2 GB RAM|Zotac 240GT GDDR5|500 GB Seagate|

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ How you've connected that? If you're using D-SUB (analog vga), then that could be the culprit. Switch to DVI-D and then set the resolution. GT 240 has dvi-d connector and so does the monitor. The cable is cheaper than 100 bucks.

OP
rajatGod512

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
It was first running of VGA but when GT 240 was bought I connected it via DVI-D cable, but still no luck....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest graphics driver for the gt 240. Post here after you do it.

OP
rajatGod512

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Yeah I already did that too and not one , but many time I tried the latest version from nvidia' website and also the driver in the CD- which was too old but to no avail

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
In the control panel settings (nvidia), check the native resolution. What does it show?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
see here:
Resolution problem on Samsung T220 - Graphics-Cards - Graphic-Displays

my suggestion is first try your monitor with integrated graphics or friend's system(intel/ati graphics) & then try live linux cd.if it works but still no success with your gt240 then most probably corrupted/wrong EDID is the reason.use above link to modify your monitor's EDID but only as a last resort.if monitor is still under warranty & EDID is the reason then ask for a replacement.

OP
rajatGod512

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
@whitestar_999
Thank buddy for your reply ! I think I will ask the monitor for replacement as it just a year old , as it was showing 1280x1024 res. on onboard graphics befor the graphics card was installed.
BTW , this is not my monitor it's my brothers (which lives at a walking distance from my house but he doesnt have net connection).
Should Probably tell him . Thanks everyone.

Top Bottom