Samsung launches 70-inch TV with price tag of Rs 24 lakh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
NEW DELHI: Consumer durables maker Samsung India Electronics on Friday announced the launch of a 70-inch screen LCD TV to tap ultra high-end customers in the country.

The new product priced at Rs 24 lakh comes with high definition picture and LED Smartlighting technology.

"We are confident that there is a significant demand in the market place for TVs of this calibre and size, that is why we are introducing it in India with its launch in other parts of the world," Samsung India Deputy Managing Director R Zutshi said in a statement.

Samsung offers a range of 12 LCD models in 19-70 inches screen size priced between Rs 21,000 to Rs 24 lakh

Source

delivi

Broken In
hmm! for the rich, lets hope that the price comes down and we'll get our hand dirty on it.

Imagine playing Doom 3 or Call of Chitlu on a 70" LCD monitor.....

iamtheone

Journeyman
arre forget bioshock....think about watching mia longe and other emm "actresses" playing their emm "roles".think its gonna be better than the real thing

devil_me

Broken In
any of those small 2 inch things looks 20inches+...
lol.. i m afraid i m going into offensive content... :p..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Only for deep pocketed.I am imagining gaming on such display at around 3 in night & heavy rain outside.

B

bigdaddy486

can't we buy a projecter that can displaythe size of 70'' with hd quality?i dunno if there is one, hopping there would be one....
or why could buy a cinema theatre with the price??!?!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^We can easily setup a good home theatre in 24 lakhs.Still we would save enough $ for a high end pc & cell phone. :)

devil_me

Broken In
sick?? 24 lakh home theater???
If you go for a very good brand like sony. you could make one for not more than 2 lakhs including the speaker setup. for a Bose audio one.. take it for 5 lakhs.
Holy cow.. What am I talking.. Even 5 lakhs is more.. 1 Lakh is more than enough for my home.. THe best one from sony.. I dont want gigascreens out there.

K

krazyfrog

I've seen this display at av revolution. Check this link: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71993 . Its the third image from the top.

Btw you guys think that 74" is big. Wonder what you'll say when you see a 104" display. When i saw it at the expo, i felt like camping right in front of it and never leave.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Wow with this start i think it may well take a decade to sell my property. ..while then this tv would have been obsolete...
Hi hi hi:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom