Samsung Galaxy S II

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys can someone let me know how to take backup of my contacts, videos/pics on my SGS2. I can't connect it to my PC using USB cable. Can I connect using Wifi and take a backup on my PC using router?

kar

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

Can I buy S2 now and be able to use it for another 1 to 1.5 yrs ? Please help as I am really confused about which ph to buy. I have seen Htc One X but it is too big for me.

Thanks

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I haven't rooted the phone nor do I plan to. Is there any other way in which I can back up my data.I need to back up contacts,SMS and the videos/pics taken using the camera.
One option maybe to use All share option to connect using Wifi. But it's taking long time in file transfer.
Completely your opinion as its your phone but pal what's the problem with rooting? It's just like running a software as administrator in Windows. And just after taking the backup you can unroot even easily.

utkarsh

Broken In
OK. Has anybody else faced this?
Since i upgraded to 4.0.3 over WiFi, the Android System (Task Manager) shows the RAM to be 687 MB, where it should be ~950 MB.

Is this a bug? Or is it part of the upgrade. A few applications have become slower and crash more often, since the upgrade, like Fruit Ninja, TowerDefence, etc.

OK. Has anybody else faced this?
Since i upgraded to 4.0.3 over WiFi, the Android System (Task Manager) shows the RAM to be 687 MB, where it should be ~950 MB.

Is this a bug? Or is it part of the upgrade. A few applications have become slower and crash more often, since the upgrade, like Fruit Ninja, TowerDefence, etc.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I highly doubt if I've seen that much RAM in GB, but it ain't that low :p
*img705.imageshack.us/img705/5141/screenshot2012072300090.png

Jesus, can't even upload an image from Tapa. What a shame!:eek::eek::eek:

utkarsh

Broken In
Hey.....
How did you take the screenshot??

The Menu+Power button combo for screenshot is gone after the ICS upgrade !!

utkarsh

Broken In
Hey.....

Sorry, but the combo is NOT working on py handset.

I've tried:
VolumeUP+Power
VolumeDown+Power
Home+Power
Home+VolumeUp
Home+VolumeDown

Nothing seems to work.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey.....

Sorry, but the combo is NOT working on py handset.

I've tried:
VolumeUP+Power
VolumeDown+Power
Home+Power
Home+VolumeUp
Home+VolumeDown

Nothing seems to work.
Volume Down + Power... hold for a second like ithehappy says. Should work fine.

utkarsh

Broken In
Man !!
I've tried it.

It's a GT-I9100G, and not the conventional GT-I9100 most people have.
Thanks to this 'G', it's cyanogenmod incompatible.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Apart from not being able to connect the phone using USB cable and the phone going in speaker mode now I get a new problem wherein auto rotate option is not working. I'm receiving calls in Horizontal position.

utkarsh

Broken In
GUYS, i know how to take screenshots (in Gingerbread).

I've tried ALL possible combinations in all possible ways.
But in vain.

I'm filing a consumer complaint against Samsung. I've had enough of them.
(Not the first issue. I've given my phone 4 times to the service center in 2 months, where 3 of those were in a period of 8 days)

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
JB 4.1.1 CM10 released for s2

Installed

Everything works, slight lag at times, not much of a difference from ICS, is mostly stable, sync is giving problems. Butter smooth is not there yet.
Browser scrolls now have ZERO lag. whatever be the no. of tabs open.

Can be used daily.

Soumik

Padawan
Hi All,
sorry if this question is a bit out of flow.. but i thought of posting anyhow instead of creating a new thread.
First thing - I have a T989 version... Snapdragon S3 chipset on official ICS rom, no rooting yet. And battery seems to drain 10% an hour. How to reduce the massive battery drain? I checked the taskmanager.. there isnt any application running in the background either.
Another thing, i have a MEE M6P-BK earphone. The earphone was working perfectly with my Moto Defy. But with this cell, the song change/pause/stop button is not not working. Its playing good, but the wire button isnt working. How do i fix that?

reddead

LoSt!
Hi All,
sorry if this question is a bit out of flow.. but i thought of posting anyhow instead of creating a new thread.
First thing - I have a T989 version... Snapdragon S3 chipset on official ICS rom, no rooting yet. And battery seems to drain 10% an hour. How to reduce the massive battery drain? I checked the taskmanager.. there isnt any application running in the background either.
Another thing, i have a MEE M6P-BK earphone. The earphone was working perfectly with my Moto Defy. But with this cell, the song change/pause/stop button is not not working. Its playing good, but the wire button isnt working. How do i fix that?

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989 - xda-developers
you have better chances of getting some help there....
post in q&a section....

Top Bottom