Samsung Galaxy S II

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
There cannot be a different version of SII for India... how would it be practical? I am sure Indian market will get he 8.49mm model of SII

Soumik

Padawan
There isnt any mention of a thicker version in GSMArena anywhere. How can it even exist? :S
Lets wait and see. I just hope its not a different chipset Inside. :(

SwiftLover

Broken In
Any info on chipset?? Exynos powered or Tegra 2??

Heard that Tegra 2 is slightly superior to Exynos chip....need your inputs guys

angeleyes

Broken In
Yeah, I'd also buy from Vodafone if they offer it at ~28k :D

But yeah, Ill be waiting for stocks at physical dealers.. Pre-ordering is a waste..

This is a really good article about ALL the cpu's:

I fully agree with the Exynos ranking. The Mali is one weird gpu, and it seems nuts that the gpu and/or its drivers can't handle 3D like the established norm. This will definitely hurt the sg2 in the short and long term. It will mean devs will have to add specific support for the phone when making their games, just so they'll work on the sg2. And just like the galaxy s before it (sg1 had file size issues), apps will be flooded with 1-star ratings from users demanding support. It's not good for anyone really...

Beastly dual-core Android devices: A rundown on each chipset

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

I fully agree with the Exynos ranking. The Mali is one weird gpu, and it seems nuts that the gpu and/or its drivers can't handle 3D like the established norm. This will definitely hurt the sg2 in the short and long term. It will mean devs will have to add specific support for the phone when making their games, just so they'll work on the sg2. And just like the galaxy s before it (sg1 had file size issues), apps will be flooded with 1-star ratings from users demanding support. It's not good for anyone really...

Very interesting... Thanks for sharing...

SwiftLover

Broken In

Thanks for sharing the info...

Soumik

Padawan

Excellent article. Thanks for sharing. :)
I was having an argument with someone regarding HTC Sensation and OMAP4... Turns out i was right in supporting the new Snapdragon :D.
But it spells bad news for Samsung. They would need Exynos to sell extremely well to get proper dev support in games department. But am sure they will eventually :D

Last edited:
OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
yesterday got a chance to play a little with my cousins SGS-2....and let me tell you its a beast....super fast with no lags whatsoever...well it was not loaded with apps,etc...but then has the most awesome display, thinnest and lightest phone i have ever seen...just awesome!!!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
and from where did he purchase? You know we are dying for the phone, so why didn't you share that info also? :)

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
he had ordered it from UK for around 36k(16gb internal)....its super fast man....you don't have to wait for any operation...its just smooth man!!!!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Indiaplaza decreased the price of GS II to Rs.29,990. That's great :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB | Buy mobile | Indiaplaza

Still no news from Vodafone, they suppose to get the GS II on 3rd June, still no update on their website :(

Top Bottom