Samsung Galaxy S II

hsnayvid

Journeyman
Finally some concrete news:

"Samsung today unveiled SGS2 for the India market at a press event in New Delhi. Samsung has priced it at INR 32,890 for the 16GB version and you will able to buy it starting June 3 at any Vodafone store or from June 9 at any retail store."

source: Sansung launches Galaxy S2 in India for INR 32890 | AndroidOS.in

eagle06

Los7 Cau53
Should i sell my galaxy S and get S II ? :(.I am in love with Vodoo sound quality ..
what is the current price of galaxy S ?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The one available in Vodafone store will have locked SIM right? I mean, can I use any SIM card with that one? (However I won't use any). The MRP is Rs.32,890, so street prices will be definitely around 30k. That's good.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
launch price is 32890. so market price is likely to be 29999 or less. i.e. 4k cheaper than Optimus 2X. a small premium for having an extreme mobile processor & a brilliant screen.

SwiftLover

Broken In
Samsung Galaxy SII is available at univercell.in for 28K + 4% VAT =29,120/-

Lets Hope the prices comes down fast :wink:

Compare Samsung Galaxy S2 Price in India, Save Money

Terabyte

In the zone
India will get only the 16 GB version of SGSII!
Samsung Galaxy SII to launch in India on June 3 - NDTV Gadgets

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Gaurav Shukla May 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm
You will need a vodafone number to buy the Vodafone version, and that number will get these data benefits but phone will not be locked to Vodafone.

copied from androidOS

Soumik

Padawan
^^ any discounts for Vodaphone users :D.
Guess not, i would have preferred a locked sim and contract, like so many places outside India. Ppl dont change providers often, so, it would have been a good deal.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yeah, I'd also buy from Vodafone if they offer it at ~28k :D

But yeah, Ill be waiting for stocks at physical dealers.. Pre-ordering is a waste..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well so Vodafone GS II will be an unlocked one. Good. Letsbuy shipping has been pushed back to 2nd week of June from 1st week. I hope the stores won't get affected by this delay.

See this, looks like the Indian version will be of 11.5 mm thickness instead of 8.5 mm. I guess it's because of NFC, not sure though !

Samsung GALAXY S II - Simply the best

Terabyte

In the zone
^But in the "SLIM" section of the feature they have mentioned its 8.49mm.
Its all getting pretty confusing :x

Here also they say its 8.49mm

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
There cannot be a different version of SII for India... how would it be practical? I am sure Indian market will get he 8.49mm model of SII

Soumik

Padawan
There isnt any mention of a thicker version in GSMArena anywhere. How can it even exist? :S
Lets wait and see. I just hope its not a different chipset Inside. :(

Top Bottom