Samsung Galaxy S II

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
In the press release i have seen that they have stated 1ghz opposed to 1.2.Did they forget to update it or tegra 2 is on the way?sa+ is confirmed but no info about the procy.35k is quite high.MRP around 31k and street price around 28k is iam expecting.cannot afford more than that being an engg. Student .Sold my galaxy s hearing the announcement of gs2 in feb and releasing in march but getting kind of frustrated seeing all the delays and steep pricing news.Didnot expected this from sammy :(.Playing with e63 from last 2 months so u can understand :)

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
That's tentative MRP.. They've not given an exact figure.. They said, and I quote, "mid 30s".. I'm expecting MRP to be around 33k, and it should be available in shops for 30-31k.. Lets see! #wishfulthinking :p

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yep.. Galaxy S2 has been launched in India.. No details about market availability and price yet.. Ill update here if I find out anything..

Ok, here is what we all were waiting for!

"Galaxy S2 launch in May in India. price around Rs. 35k"

Finally....never thought they will release it in that conference. Anyway, Pricing is very good to, street Prices gotta be around 31-32k, that's what I guessed :)

Anyway, thank you Kalpik for sharing the info. I will be the first buyer from my region undoubtedly :)

kalpik

I'd suggest you wait till we find out about the bootloader status.. I, for one, won't be buying this if it has a locked bootloader.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yep coming out next month for around Rs.35000 Samsung Galaxy S2 India Launch Price - Rs.35000

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hmm, forgot that imp part due to excitement, but I think it shouldn't have a locked bl, anyway lets see.
BTW- Is there any link of that full conference?
Thanks in advance.

kalpik

Yeah, even I don't think it will have a locked bootloader, but better be safe than sorry :p

And no, there is no link to the conference, as it was a private, invite only event..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Clash of the titans - HTC Sensation vs. Samsung Galaxy S II

Preview, now how will be a Review :)

*www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9100_galaxy_s_ii-review-588.php

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
When is HTC Pyramid coming to India? any ideas? These 2 (SGSII and Pyramid) really are the confirmed titans as of now. :D

I guess no official pricing of SGS II has come up yet.. rite?

According to AndroidOS.in, SGSII @ 1.2GHz gets almost double to score of Pyramid. Can anyone confirm this?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
1-When is HTC Pyramid coming to India?

2-I guess no official pricing of SGS II has come up yet.. rite?

3-According to AndroidOS.in, SGSII @ 1.2GHz gets almost double to score of Pyramid. Can anyone confirm this?

1-Well hTC Pyramid and Sensation are same. It might come to India in mid June.
2- In that press conf Sammy said it'd be Rs.35,000, street Prices will be lower, you know that :)
3- From were did you get that info? AFAIK the Sensation has 1.2 GHz Scorpion Processor and 768 MB RAM while SGS II has Cortex A9 Processor and 1 GB of RAM.

Soumik

Padawan
^^
1. Thats good news.. one dual core phone per month (almost) in india. :)
2. Yeah, that would perhaps be the pre order price... the actual online prices might also be a bit lesser rite?
3. Check this link. This is what the site tells. I seriously doubt the performance difference would be that high.

kalpik

Yes, also it runs on ext4, not on shitty rfs, which was the cause of lags on SGS. Also, the bootloader will be unlocked :D

I'm getting this phone as soon as its launched :D

Hrithan2020

In the zone
1-Well hTC Pyramid and Sensation are same. It might come to India in mid June.
2- In that press conf Sammy said it'd be Rs.35,000, street Prices will be lower, you know that :)
3- From were did you get that info? AFAIK the Sensation has 1.2 GHz Scorpion Processor and 768 MB RAM while SGS II has Cortex A9 Processor and 1 GB of RAM.

Quadrant run on the SGS 2 reportedly yielded above 3 k score, much above what Sensation managed. In terms of performance ,the Cortex A9, is much faster clock for clock against Scorpion..

(Yeah, but the difference is hardly going to be as great as quadrant suggests , especially since the Adreno 220 is no slouch. So, on an average, maybe 10-20% diff in peformance seems the most likely.)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Now what does this video mean? Waterproof device? Oh man...

The Samsung Galaxy S II goes swimming with the fishes in a cute new ad [VIDEO]

Top Bottom