Samsung Galaxy S II

Soumik

Padawan
^^ That line was for the benchmark result. That fps would probably be the same even after fixing the softwares, cause its a cap.. not a bug to fix. The bug or problem was the real time game lag seen in the video.
The cap is actually fine, 60fps in a game is more than enough needed. Its the lowest fps reached which is important, and its hit real low in that pre-release unit.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^^ That line was for the benchmark result. That fps would probably be the same even after fixing the softwares, cause its a cap.. not a bug to fix. The bug or problem was the real time game lag seen in the video.
The cap is actually fine, 60fps in a game is more than enough needed. Its the lowest fps reached which is important, and its hit real low in that pre-release unit.

Course those lines are form benchmark result page, FPS should be discussed in benchmark page only, where else FPS will be discussed then?
Anyway, I am sure that is a software problem, there is no way SGS II provides 60 or less FPS in Gaming, Final/Retail units gotta be different. :)

Soumik

Padawan
^^ ya thats true...
but for me.. if is get any fps more than my eyes can decipher, its enough. But it shouldnt go below 24fps ant any point in the game, where human eyes can see through the illusion of continuous motion.
That was a 1GHz unit which gsmarena got, if they are overclocking it to 1.2GHz, theres gotta be lots of changes on the firmware/software as well. Am sure things will go a lot better :D.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Course those lines are form be nchmark result page, FPS should be discussed in benchmark page only, where else FPS will be discussed then?
Anyway, I am sure that is a software problem, there is no way SGS II provides 60 or less FPS in Gaming, Final/Retail units gotta be different. :)

I wager that there will be a cap on the maximum fps, (it is a conscious decision, where the software artificially limits the hardware
)even on the final units. Wanna bet ;)

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
I think limiting the fps is a conscious effort made for saving the battery life because more fps is going to take more battery also.This limitation is good if doesnot make any difference in real life performance.If someone wants to experience the best gameplay then devs are always there.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Ok, some bad news.. One of my source says India launch by May end or June :(

Lets hope he is wrong :p

He gave me some more info about the phone, but I'm afraid, I'm not at liberty to disclose :p

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
@kalpik
ohh so sad.pls kalpik clarify that the other information that u got is good or bad atleast other than the bad news of delay in release

kalpik

@kalpik
ohh so sad.pls kalpik clarify that the other information that u got is good or bad atleast other than the bad news of delay in release
Good news ofc! He was telling me about his experience with the retail SGS2 unit he played with.. :) All good, don't worry :)

kalpik

Well, I take all such news with a pinch of salt.. You never know the exact date, and sources *can* be wrong ;)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
SGS II Official UK release is on May 1 :), just two more weeks...

Samsung Galaxy S II officially coming to UK on May 1st - GSMArena.com news

kalpik

Yep.. Galaxy S2 has been launched in India.. No details about market availability and price yet.. Ill update here if I find out anything..

Ok, here is what we all were waiting for!

"Galaxy S2 launch in May in India. price around Rs. 35k"

Top Bottom