Samsung Galaxy S II

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@ALL,
Grr8 news. I confirmed the SGS II price and availability from a friend. (dealer at Noida) The phone will be available at local retailers from May 28th onwards. He also mentioned the details from last meet with Koreans. Like... upcoming models Galaxy S Plus, Galaxy S I9002 (with 2Ghz processor!) and sweet price tag of 29,990 INR for SGS2! :) (More to that later. Sharing the details with Kalpik on phone!)
I've already made three bookings there.
Just a correction, Galaxy S plus will have a 1.4 GHz CPU, not a 2 GHz one..

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
Just a correction, Galaxy S plus will have a 1.4 GHz CPU, not a 2 GHz one..

ya but then it is said to have 512mb RAM...right?? correct me if I am wrong...will that higher clock rate help in performance if the RAM is less??

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Jeez... 1.5 GHz :shock: :wow::goodjob::clap2:

Samsung Galaxy S II gets a stable 1.5GHz overclock - GSMArena.com news

Now how can I keep my patience!!

USB OTG Demonstration,

This is how you plug your USB flash drive into the Samsung Galaxy S II

Hrithan2020

In the zone
they are turning SGS2 into a miniature PC. 1.5Ghz dual core. my friend still using a 1.6Ghz dual core in his PC.

You do realize that even when OCéd, an ARM processor, would come nowhere near the capabilities of a core 2 duo. (or even pentium D)

But, because the (made for that purpose)H/W decoders chips for video encoding/decoding, it will perform much better than a general purpose CPU,which is the reason , why your phone would be able to play a 1080p videos, however a 4 year old PC might struggle to play one.

But, still impressive ;)

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
blog.gsmarena.com/watch-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-connect-to-hdtv-through-its-mhl-port-video/

Now I was waiting for this as same as the release, yes, the Gsmarena review, here it goes. If you are too tired or bored to read the whole then these lines will be enough,

"Absurdly powerful and having a one-of-a-kind screen – the Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II is an easy phone to recommend. But that’s one thing you don’t need to do. Its reputation precedes it. The Galaxy II succeeds where previous dual-core droids have failed and provides the most complete smartphone experience to date."

"There’re phones to look for, phones to talk about, phones to be seen with. The Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II is all that and more. Android is the smart platform of choice these days. With phones like the new Galaxy, Samsung is set on becoming the brand to beat."

*www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9100_galaxy_s_ii-review-597.php

But still I wonder about the NFC support, Gsmarena said it will be available via firmware upgrade and I've heard from somewhere it will have two different hardware edition of GS II of having and not having NFC, so I wonder :!:

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
i think S2 best competitor wud be HTC sensation.. i checked out its comparision with S2..
It has NFC technology, video aspect ration 16:9..

here is the link too

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
i think S2 best competitor wud be HTC sensation.. i checked out its comparision with S2..
It has NFC technology, video aspect ration 16:9..

here is the link too
Sensation is nothing compared to Galaxy S2.. Also, the bootloader of Sensation is locked.. So in short, its a fail device..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well Sensation isn't that bad mate, yes of course it isn't comparable with GS II but still after GS II it's a winner.

@pulkitpopli- GS II has NFC, hope you know :)

I got an information from my Bangalore friend, he said GS II will be available from 19th May there!

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
yeah actually HTC Sensation has impressive fashionable features and
Galaxy S II is better for video calling and also have good connectivity speed, and it is a slim and attractive Smartphone.price is arnd 39k..(16GB)
But I will prefer HTC Sensation because HTC have a lot experience of Android phones and always come with amazing features.... Price is 30k...

Top Bottom