Samsung Galaxy Mega smartphones coming with 5.8-inch and 6.3-inch displays

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Read the article here Samsung Galaxy Mega smartphones coming with 5.8-inch and 6.3-inch displays - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

Soon their smartphones will be as big as the Galaxy Tab?

raksrules

Youngling
They are probably banking on making the bezel very small to a point where it is almost non existent and offer something like EDGE to EDGE display and fit bigger screens in smaller form factors. Like they increased S4 screen size but the dimensions remains more or less the same or even bit less.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
They are probably banking on making the bezel very small to a point where it is almost non existent and offer something like EDGE to EDGE display and fit bigger screens in smaller form factors. Like they increased S4 screen size but the dimensions remains more or less the same or even bit less.

Hope they do this only.. I hate to see idiots holding a Tablet on their faces for making calls

raksrules

Youngling
Hope they do this only.. I hate to see idiots holding a Tablet on their faces for making calls

I actually saw a girl the other day in a mall, holding possibly a Galaxy Tab 2 (or whichever samsung tab that was with phone feature) over her ear to talk. It was looking ridiculous.

OP
thetechfreak

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I dont understand the logic. First they launch mini series phones now mega series phones. What's going on?

Samsung will launch new tablets too *tech2.in.com/news/tablets/galaxy-s...randing-for-samsung’s-tablet-portfolio/863872

quagmire

Allllright !
Its not just Samsung:

Upcoming Sony Xperia flagships

Xperia phablet

6.44" 1080p with MBE2
2/4 GB RAM
MSM8974 snapdragon 800 2.3ghz
Adreno 330
3500mAh battery
8 mp/13 mp Exmor RS camera
6mm thin
32 GB Internal Memory, microSD expansion
BT 4.0, NFC, LTE, MHL TV out
IP 55/57 water/dust resistance
Xperia Z like design

I dont understand the logic. First they launch mini series phones now mega series phones. What's going on?

Samsung will launch new tablets too *tech2.in.com/news/tablets/galaxy-s...randing-for-samsung’s-tablet-portfolio/863872

Flooding the market..
That tablet looks like a white version of Nexus 10..

Touchwiz UI too boring.. Sammy has to try something new..

raksrules

Youngling
Just to cover all bases. To have maximum exposure and cater to customers keen on spending 5K for an android to one who can pay 40K too.
Because if they miss any segment in between, they fear that it will be captured by some other manufacturer.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just to cover all bases. To have maximum exposure and cater to customers keen on spending 5K for an android to one who can pay 40K too.
Because if they miss any segment in between, they fear that it will be captured by some other manufacturer.

That would be a decision any manufacturer like Samsung would take, but the problem with Samsung is that they are bringing $hitty phones trying to cover all areas.

quagmire

Allllright !
Here's exactly how much bigger the Samsung Galaxy Mega is compared to the Note II, S4 and other popular smartphones

"I bet Mega's battery is bigger than iphone itself" - :lol:

Top Bottom