Samsung Galaxy Core:Yet another Cr@p from samsung

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
After galaxy grand,Win now they have come out with galaxy Core.
Samsung’s upcoming mid-range smartphone, the Galaxy Core surfaced online a couple of weeks back, and today, the South Korean smartphone-maker has officially unveiled the smartphone.

The specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Core are in line with what was leaked earlier, and the smartphone gets a 4.3-inch display with a resolution of 480 x 800 (WVGA) pixels. Powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM, the Samsung Galaxy Core also gets 8GB of storage on-board along with a micro-SD card slot to further expand the storage space on the smartphone by up to 64GB.

In terms of camera, the Samsung Galaxy core features a 5 megapixel rear snapper along with a LED flash, while at the front, there is a VGA camera. Sadly, the rear camera can only record at a maximum resolution of 480p at 30 frames per second.

The Samsung Galaxy Core runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, with Samsung’s TouchWiz UI on top, which will give you access to some of Samsung’s exclusive features like Motion UI, Smart Stay, Smart Alert and S Voice. However, the lack of the latest version of Android on the Galaxy Core is a bit disappointing.

Samsung has announced that the Galaxy Core will be released in single-SIM and dual-SIM variants, and while the dual-SIM version will start shipping in May, the single-SIM version will hit shelves by July. Interestingly Samsung says that the users will be able to access both the SIM cards simultaneously on the dual-SIM version.

Connectivity options on the Samsung Galaxy core include Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi and GPS. The smartphone will also pack-in a 1,800mAh battery.

There is still no word as to which countries will get the Samsung Galaxy Core, but considering the mid-range specifications of the smartphone, Samsung will be looking to introduce this device in the emerging markets.

Read more: Samsung Unveils Galaxy Core With 4.3-inch Screen, Dual-Core CPU Samsung Unveils Galaxy Core With 4.3-inch Screen, Dual-Core CPU

Samsung Unveils Galaxy Core With 4.3-inch Screen, Dual-Core CPU

LG l9 and Xperia L can beat the hell out of this phone

Don't expect any a powerfull CPU,looking at Galaxy win etc, i'm sure it will be a A5 dual core, some rumors state it being a Meditek CPU

quagmire

Allllright !
Don't expect any a powerfull CPU,looking at Galaxy win etc, i'm sure it will be a A5 dual core, some rumors state it being a Meditek CPU

If its an A5, rip Samsung..

Sammy has released around 10 odd phones this year.. None are praiseworthy except S4..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Samsung GT-i8262D Galaxy Core Duos Specs. serpent is bang on target ;)

i hope Samsung doesn't say Core is S Adv's successor.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Wow, @Sam if this releases under 15k, Noobs will say this is the best mobile in the world.
Why will they say that
They will see

• 4.3 Screen
  • Samsung
  • Dual core
  • Android 4.1

And they will be LIKE WOW, BEST PHONE ill buy it

whats wrong with samsung?Presently only sony,LG and yeah Nokia has started releasing good VFM phones too (though non-android) those phones(Lumia 520 and 620) can put most of the android phones to shame.

LG and sony both lack good advertising ability, what samsung does is it makes the consumer believe that that they're phones are great by advertising a LOT, like it's new ad of 0% intrest

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
OT:
Is Adreno 305 a weak GPU?

Shreenit Shahapurkar • 3 days ago −
I wonder the GPU performance, Adreno 305 isn't all that powerful..

Sony Xperia L up for pre-order online for Rs. 18,990 - Mobile Phone | News | ThinkDigit

Samsung has learnt this from Micromaxx, and they are very scared they will loose their presence in India, if they dont flood Indian market with these marketing gimicks "quad core" "phablet" under 20k

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

No. Adreno 305 is a very powerful GPU. About on par with Mali 400 MP4 and more powerful than Tegra 3 ULV Geforce

Empirial

Youngling
^ LOL!!!!!!
I won't be suprised if they release a OCTA CORE A5 Phone for 20k soon

Samsung will also introduce a new scheme to boost sales of Octa Core A5 based phone : Those who can't spend 20k can still buy this phone @ 10k if they exclude 2 Optional Features i.e. Display & Camera!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Shame on Samsung for flooding the Indian market with crap A5 processors and **** Adreno 203 GPUs...

But the truth is, ordinary Indians don't know anything about specs. Only yesterday I overheard two guys talking about upgrading to Galaxy S3 from iPhone 4S because S3 has "4G".

Even if S3 has 4G, what good would do that in India? People really don't understand.

A friend of mine recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Y for 7k even after I repeatedly asked him to get a Micromax or Karbonn instead, which had better processors, larger screens and WVGA screen resolution at the same price of that crappy Galaxy Y which has a QVGA screen resolution in 2013...

People really don't understand, and so Samsung will continue to get away with these shady practices and keep fooling the Indian public...

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Shame on Samsung for flooding the Indian market with crap A5 processors and **** Adreno 203 GPUs...

But the truth is, ordinary Indians don't know anything about specs. Only yesterday I overheard two guys talking about upgrading to Galaxy S3 from iPhone 4S because S3 has "4G".

Even if S3 has 4G, what good would do that in India? People really don't understand.

A friend of mine recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Y for 7k even after I repeatedly asked him to get a Micromax or Karbonn instead, which had better processors, larger screens and WVGA screen resolution at the same price of that crappy Galaxy Y which has a QVGA screen resolution in 2013...

People really don't understand, and so Samsung will continue to get away with these shady practices and keep fooling the Indian public...

Same here, I told my friend to avoid HTC ONE V, and go for samsung s advance and now probably he is getting HTC Desire X :facepalm:

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
Lol, stupid company making stupid phones.

Whatever be it, people will still line up for in droves. We said the same thing about Galaxy Grand, remember? But Sammy is still laughing its way to the bank on the back of one of its most successful product launches.

See, like it or not, Sammy has kind of become the default choice of people buying smartphones. Crap design, crap user interface, crap performance notwithstanding. I see it all around me and sadly so- many people are not willing to consider any other brand, such is the herd mentality.

My point- this will sell.

Top Bottom