1) Samsung Galaxy S5570 POP
2) Nokia X3-02
3) Nokia E5
4) Nokia C5-03
5) LG Optimus One P500
6) Samsung Galaxy 3
7) Sonyericsson Xperia X10 mini / Pro
8) Samsung Galaxy S5670 FIT

Now, I have decided to go for Samsung FIT (or) LG One.
and i am not sure, of which phones is auto-upgradeable to Android 2.3 - 3.0!!?

Or, does it really matter. will there be a big change between 2.2 and 2.3?

needed a few thoughts from you all (as a recommendation).
so, pls share in your thoughts.

Appreciate it. thanks

just to added to this current post.
I currently have SonyEricsson G502 and i prefer to be SE phone guy.

but. SE doesnt have Android fones within 11K range and their battery power is "below average- for a android fone"

pauldmps

Banned
LG O1 is far superior then the Galaxy Fit with horrible screen resolution. And it is set to get 2.3 update by the end of May.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Now, I have decided to go for Samsung FIT (or) LG One.
and i am not sure, of which phones is auto-upgradeable to Android 2.3 - 3.0!!?

get O1. but remember it has a small problem. its touchscreen lags. can be fixed in 5min if you decide to root it. other than that, its a good mobile for the price.

but don't get Fit. super low resolution on a 3.2" screen. you may read comments in some shopping sites that Fit is best or its touchscreen is super good. trust me, they are absolute noobs & comment like that cause they were fooled by Samsung on wasting their money on such a poor mobile. also its battery backup is another problem.

oh, till now Samsung have not released any words if Fit will ever see any gingerbread update.

Or, does it really matter. will there be a big change between 2.2 and 2.3?

if it comes from LG aka official update. it may come with free 40 crapwares. but as heard, 2.3 brings better power management as well as memory management.

just to added to this current post.
I currently have SonyEricsson G502 and i prefer to be SE phone guy.

but. SE doesnt have Android fones within 11K range and their battery power is "below average- for a android fone"

i think you know only a part of the story here.

their Android based mobiles are really buggy. numerous complains & also, 2.5" vs 3.2". can they be compared? just cause they squeezed in a 5Mp camera in such a mobile doesn't mean its usable.

OP
M

ManInRed

Broken In
i am just surprised!.. i thought most of the people wud vote for Fit..
and as you all had told LG one has bad screen resolution!..hmm.ok..

willl have to think abt it. if we can live with dat?
THanks for ur comments!

FYi -
Techtree review says these.

Pros::
Good design and great build, great display, Android 2.2 Froyo, excellent audio quality, DivX/Xvid playback, well priced
Cons::
Interface can be sluggish at times, no flash in camera, lacks Adobe Flash support in browser, frustrating software keyboards, no video call camera, no ambient light sensor, no notification light

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
and as you all had told LG one has bad screen resolution!..hmm.ok..

who?

FYi -
Techtree review says these.

Pros::
Good design and great build, great display, Android 2.2 Froyo, excellent audio quality, DivX/Xvid playback, well priced
Cons::
Interface can be sluggish at times, no flash in camera, lacks Adobe Flash support in browser, frustrating software keyboards, no video call camera, no ambient light sensor, no notification light

forget techtree & ignore all indian review sites. rely on what users say in forums & GSM Arena.

cause the real problem surfaces after a month of use. can't be detected with a quick fire 2-3 days use.

also Fit too have the same +ve & +ve points. & also its battery backup is low. but you get a flashless 5Mp cam.

OP
M

ManInRed

Broken In
ok. i am going with your true reviews. although my friends urging me to buy Samsung Ace or Fit or HTC Wildfire.. i dont want to spend extra 3or 4k to buy Ace or Wildfire.

They even told me - not to go for any LG mobile. because its a horrible brand for a mobile it seems!...

BUT, i will go with ur trust and will buy LG O1 P500. soon..so now looking to buy an original LG O1 P500 in Bangalore.. maybe croma or Univercell or Sangeetha mobiles.

will have to chk out. anywayz. thanks a ton for helping me to decid my new mobile. :)

Appreciate it :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@ManInRed,

I bought LG Optimus One last week for 10k from Hyderabad. Don't pay more than that... Shop around for a good deal.

Also, small screen 3.2" on Optimus One can feel small while typing. And games sometimes lag a little... If you can afford an Ace, take it... otherwise, Optimus One is a decent phone for the price...

Cheers!

OP
M

ManInRed

Broken In
here is 1 news: one of the user's comment on LG O1 P500 is:

not to buy LG O1 until May/June. because LG has announced an And2.3 upgrade.
if dats not going to happen, then the price would reduce to Rs.6500 or 7500!?

so, your comments on this news - Please.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Its surely going to happen & the prices won't come down to the level you mentioned even if it does not happen. And that is because Optimus Me P350 is going to launch soon at the Rs. 7500 pricepoint.

OP
M

ManInRed

Broken In
ok then. i will go ahead and buy it soon. if the update of And2.3 is available. then hopefully we can do the upgrade from Android market itself!.

Thanks lah! :)

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Not via the market, but LG will provide you proper instructions on how to upgrade. Most probably it will be OTA.

OP
M

ManInRed

Broken In
how to export my contacts, music files, photos from SonyEricsson G520 to LG Optimus One P500? any bulk import option is there?

Kindly advice.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
hey maninred.. im confused between d 2 cells as wel..:-( so did u buy lg? how is it?

Please see thread -- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/134641-lg-optimus-one-thread.html

Spend 2 hours of your life reading that thread and then make your decision...

P.S. LG Optimus One is a better phone overall, though Fit has a better camera...

Top Bottom