Samsung Champ - Any good?

Panchu

Broken In
Hey guys, I watched some ads on the new cheap touch phone from Samsung, the Champ or c3303. It looks good, tiny, adorable with the 3.5mm audio jack at the top and pseudo dual speakers on the front. I have my 3 yr old Samsung SGH E490 and Im looking for an upgrade.

Read some reviews and came to know that the Champ doesn't support 3G or WiFi and sports a 1.3MP camera. But at a price of 4000/- the Champ sure looks like a good deal, at least reliable.

All I look forward to is a cheap reliable cellphone with decent GPRS/Social Networking capabilities aka FB and Twitter.

Wot are your thoughts on it? Are there any known problems associated with it?

If anybody in here owns one, please review it.

ps: Wot other Samsung phones would you suggest? The Corby series?

pauldmps

Banned
Phonearena.com review rates it as a good buy. However, the screen size is too small making it dreadful to be used without the stylus provided with it.

There is also a non-camera version which costs bout 500 bucks less.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys u should understand that u pay less u get less:p

champ=4k
Corby,Cookie=6k
Nokia 5230,5235 around 7k
Galaxy 5 = 8k
and the list goes on.....:smile:

Note: the prices r just for example and may change by (+-)500

sexyshrek

Right off the assembly line
Any budy knows about the HandWriting feature in Samsung Champ?? ie, 3303 ??? Please help?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ is there a VGA camera Champ also? a friend of mine inquired at The Mobile Store maybe & was given Champ with VGA camera @ 4k (he told so don't blame me if the info not correct).

@pravinbv, you tried opera mini with the .jad extension?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
needed one for mom. well if its VGA than its out of question. also mom prefer physical keys. than touch. recently was told (at Big Bazaar) that both Nokia 2700 Classic as well as the 2730 Classic discontinued. anyone heard anything about it?

sujoyp

Grand Master
me too want for mom...but I told her that touch screens r much easier to use coz it have everything written on it(contacts, radio, music player etc) no confusion with lots of buttons...only 3 buttons:mrgreen:

And champ is small, good radio without plugging the headphone, good speaker, good build quality..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
sujoyp, what other option available between 2.5-3.5k (max 4k)? Champ is good but the camera is VGA & price above 4k. also touch screen mobile looks like a bit complicated even if its easier to operate than a keyed set (talking from parents point of view).

Need the following:

1. avg camera (1.3-2Mp)
2. good battery life (something like the Champ) MUST.
3. good build quality. MUST.
4. expandable memory.
5. should look good (not like old men's mobile).
6. no to touchscreen or QWERTY.

brand doesn't matter. 2" or bigger screen will be a welcome addition. will get it by Puja or just after Puja.

PS: not wanted create another thread as discussion already going on here so decided continue here.

sujoyp

Grand Master
U can check samsung C3200 Monte Bar

*img.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/samsung-c3200.jpg
Samsung C3200 Monte Bar - Full phone specifications

people say it cost around Rs.3600-3800 in India

It satisfies all u need:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks. i seen this mobile as a classmate uses it but never got the time (& chance) to inquire further. just the kind of mobile needed. finally have a few choices. thanks again :smile:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Try this:smile:

Limit of 500 kb on one application can be easily removed.
1) Go to the JAVA Test Menu - *#52828378#
2) Find the menu item OTA Test. Change the Maximum JAR size from 500 kb to as much as you want.
3) Enjoy :)

P.S. After reboot the value is reset. You must repeat this operation

sexyshrek

Right off the assembly line
my samsung champ have 3 hard buttons 1. Accept call(green), 2. Back and 3. End call(red), but I never saw it glowing i night.... is this a problem or its in the making ??? pls help

Top Bottom