Samsung, Apple to end Nokia's smartphone reign

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Source : Samsung, Apple to end Nokia's smartphone reign

Samsung Electronics Co Ltd will become the world's largest smartphone maker this quarter, overtaking struggling Nokia Oyj which has lead the market since 1996, Nomura said on Monday.

It seems Nokia is loosing its lead in the market and it is facing stiff competition from Samsung as well as Apple.

Another Source : Samsung To End Nokia’s 15-Year Market Reign?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Nokia will be back with a vengeance soon... it may have lost to Samsung because of Android, but hopefully, WP7 would be very competitive and Nokia will rise again...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Till last year Nokia's share was still much more then all other mobile companies...just samsung was giving some compitition..

and in sales its much much more then any company...till last year..even a 5% dip will not effect much:razz:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
it happens all the time.top position is not permanent for anyone. I was reading a news yesterday that number of new users registering/month on Facebook has declined by huge margin!

OP
Prime_Coder

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Nokia will be back with a vengeance soon... it may have lost to Samsung because of Android, but hopefully, WP7 would be very competitive and Nokia will rise again...

I don't think so, even though I'm a strong follower of Nokia. There was a time in past, when I went crazy about every kind of mobile launched by Nokia. Now Nokia has strong opponents like Samsung, Apple. Even Google's Android is giving so much competition to Nokia.

Till last year Nokia's share was still much more then all other mobile companies...just samsung was giving some compitition..
and in sales its much much more then any company...till last year..even a 5% dip will not effect much:razz:

You have to look at this : This is the latest one : Nokia predicts a further drop in profits for Q1 2011.

Even Nokia knew in the last quarter what is going to happen. Here is the old report :
Nokia predicts a further drop in profits for Q1 2011.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah I know they r going down...but compare its sales with that of LG, HTC, SE, Motorola or any other even Apple...Nokia have huge sale still..

OP
Prime_Coder

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
it happens all the time.top position is not permanent for anyone. I was reading a news yesterday that number of new users registering/month on Facebook has declined by huge margin!

Yes, I do agree with you in this regard. :)

Here is another source, which shows detailed results:

Nokia reports weaker than expected first quarter results

Top Bottom