Samsung Ace Plus or HTC One V???

Radhesh Bhoot

Broken In
Hello Friends,

I am from Mumbai and would be buying the cellphone for approx 16000/- in coming week....was little confused between Samsung Ace Plus and HTC One V as they both have pros & cons and also their price is very close to each other.....

besides that i have heard that HTC's after sale service is very bad in india...Is it true?..Has any one experienced any such problems?..Please share... and also has anyone in Mumbai faced any problems with HTC Service Centre....

Last edited:

V.VAIDYA

Broken In
Definitely one v with eyes closed and brain switched off !
As for the after sales service they are pretty good , but no idea about SC in mumbai.
One V is Better than ace plus in every respect especially looks in contrast to all the similar looking galaxy series.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Its a no braines to get the HTC. I would not ask any one to get this Samsung even if this particular HTC phone was not available. Lot more better alternatives available to the Samsung :wink:

OP
Radhesh Bhoot

Radhesh Bhoot

Broken In
Thanks friends for reply but what about HTC Service Centre Problems have anyone heard or experienced it????

and what are the other alternatives for Android cellphones between 15k to 20K

I was even planning to increase my budget to 20K for Galaxy R but is it available nowadays in Market(in Mumbai)??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

I was even planning to increase my budget to 20K for Galaxy R but is it available nowadays in Market(in Mumbai)??

anant has already listed all 3. well if you want to know more, FROM 15-20K:.

PS: Neo V got ICS update and HTC One V ships with ICS which means One V will definitely get atleast 1 update whereas Neo V may get none.

if you want keyboard, look for Xperia Pro. Avoid S Plus. It'll never get any update (typical Samsung).

SnooP

Right off the assembly line
Dont buy ace plus .. Buy the ONE S ... ICS all the way to go .. Coz most of the mainstream phones like ace,galaxy s, splus have not got the ICS .. This sub-feature ave wont get ICS anyway.. If u still wanna try a samsung then buy a ace(not ace plus) or galaxy S i9000 and flash it with a custom cfw like cyanogen or miui :p

aroraanant

Explorer
Thanks friends for reply but what about HTC Service Centre Problems have anyone heard or experienced it????

Yes I have experienced HTC Service, they are quite good.
I went to HTC Service Center in Lajpat Nagar New Delhi, there was a spot on screen which was only visible when the screen is white, though it was a minor issue and there was nothing to worry about but I still went there and told them the same but they replied to me that this issue comes in every display of almost every phone but then later I also told them there has got some dust beneath my screen and requested them if anything could be done, then they simply told me to leave the phone and they will get the display replaced.I was very happy as my warranty was gonna expire in 2-3 days.
Now I have got the phone and the display has been replaced and I asked to put the software(OS) again in it, they did that also. :)
I have already told the options which are available to you.
And even I would suggest you to avoid S+ and R, if you are extending your budget to 20k then you could have gone for HTC Sensation for 20-21k but as now the ebay coupon have expired you can wait till they issue the same again or buy Sensation for around 22k

SeenuGuddu

Broken In
Yes I have experienced HTC Service, they are quite good.
I went to HTC Service Center in Lajpat Nagar New Delhi, there was a spot on screen which was only visible when the screen is white, though it was a minor issue and there was nothing to worry about but I still went there and told them the same but they replied to me that this issue comes in every display of almost every phone but then later I also told them there has got some dust beneath my screen and requested them if anything could be done, then they simply told me to leave the phone and they will get the display replaced.I was very happy as my warranty was gonna expire in 2-3 days.
Now I have got the phone and the display has been replaced and I asked to put the software(OS) again in it, they did that also. :)
I have already told the options which are available to you.
And even I would suggest you to avoid S+ and R, if you are extending your budget to 20k then you could have gone for HTC Sensation for 20-21k but as now the ebay coupon have expired you can wait till they issue the same again or buy Sensation for around 22k

is that worth of buying HTC than Samsung or sony..?

Raccoon

Journeyman

Right now HTC and SE have much better stuff for your money than Samsung. As for HTC, I personally wont go for the One V at least, as a protest against their strategy of omitting compass and giving a non-removable battery. Unacceptable.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

depends. at your budget you'll single core based mobile. So choose from Xperia Pro or Incredible S. With Incredible S you get a better cam and more importantly a bigger screen but ICS @ Q2-Q3. With Xperia Pro you get ICS + QWERTY (which also mean low battery life as well as heavy).

with Samsung you may get Samsung Galaxy S Plus which too is a nice buy if you can live with its shortcomings i.e. no ICS for sure and no flash for camera.

aroraanant

Explorer
The only phone from Samsung which I like is the NOTE, I don't like any other android phone of Samsung, but thats me.
And both sony as well as HTC are very good, HTC wins terms of Build quality while Sony looses on that part

ajaymailed

In the zone
The only phone from Samsung which I like is the NOTE, I don't like any other android phone of Samsung, but thats me.
And both sony as well as HTC are very good, HTC wins terms of Build quality while Sony looses on that part
Right now HTC and SE have much better stuff for your money than Samsung. As for HTC, I personally wont go for the One V at least, as a protest against their strategy of omitting compass and giving a non-removable battery. Unacceptable.
Ironic thing is while SE & HTC are struggling make money on android, Samsung being market leader is earnings lots of $$.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
but samsung being market leader is selling some crap phones with high price. ace for 12k and ace plus for 15.5k. IMO they should be priced 10k and 12.5k respectively...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ they are market leader. thats why they can sell crap mobile in millions. LG's best selling mobile, Optimus One sold roughly 5million. i am sure Ace easily suppressed that figure in the first few month. Even Fit sold a lot of units. reason is. "WOW. Look GALAXY mobile" :|

Raccoon

Journeyman
Ironic thing is while SE & HTC are struggling make money on android, Samsung being market leader is earnings lots of $$.

It just shows that for most people the decision of choosing a new phone is not a rational one.

Recently a friend bought an Ace. On asking why, because there are much better options, he said "Why? I don't have any problems with this phone". :duh2: :donkey:

Rutshah

Right off the assembly line

I am also facing the same dilema. You have made your decision. Pl post your experience with the phone.

What are the cons of having non-removable battery.

OP
Radhesh Bhoot

Radhesh Bhoot

Broken In
Hey friends,

One more thing i wanted to confirm is that in some reviews of HTC One V they are mentioning that the 8GB SD Card is been given for free but it is not bundled in the box...

so i wanted to confirm about the free 8GB card and also of which brand & what class?

Top Bottom