Saina wins Singapore Open Super Series crown

iinfi

mekalodu
Saina wins Singapore Open Super Series crown

Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal [ Images ] clinched her second Super Series title, winning the Singapore Open with a straight-game triumph over qualifier Tzu Ying Tai in the final on Sunday.

The top seed Indian ace needed just 33 minutes to beat Chinese Taipei's Tai 21-18, 21-15 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

The world No 6, who was the lone Indian left in the fray after others crashed out by the semi-final stage, had bagged her maiden Super Series title last June at the Indonesian Open.

The in-form Saina came into the Singapore Open after winning the India [ Images ] Open Grand Prix [ Images ] Gold title last week.

In a game that was close to start with, Saina was locked 18-18 with her opponent at one stage. She had seven smash winners to show against her Tai's three in the opening game.

In the second game, Saina displayed a better net game and outwitted her Tai in rallies to emerge triumphant.

The jubilant 20-year-old said she was slightly jittery at the start but gained in confidence as the match progressed.

"It feels great. I was nervous at the start of the match but I maintained my strategy of playing more rallies," she said.

"I was down 14-18 in the first game but I just told myself that 'play your best and give your 100 per cent'. I think that really worked well for me," she added.

nix

way to go saina. sania should learn from her.

i guess sania never really had any talent, she was just pushed by the media. sania's achievements dont justify the superstar treatment given to her.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
way to go Saina...she is true face of women in India, excelling in sports... :)

iqbalhh, your post is reported. I hope you get a ban too.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think Saina is in world top 10 and still she dont get even 20% glamor/acknowledgment what sania got when she was ranked among top 50

Biased Indian Media:x:x

Top Bottom