Ruining life for gaming?No

beingGamer

In the zone
games which have ranking systems which shows your rank within country or globally, should be avoided as much as possible. These kind of games make you hungry for a better ranks and make you addicted.

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
games which have ranking systems which shows your rank within country or globally, should be avoided as much as possible. These kind of games make you hungry for a better ranks and make you addicted.

Even games with no particular goal / story / campaign should be avoided. MOBA / MMORPGS / Multiplayer FPS like DotA / WOW / Runescape / TES :p / Counter Strike / COD / BF etc should be avoided as they can be played infinitely without ever getting satisfied.
I have been a huge addict of CS:GO, DotA , Runescape my entire life and have gradually controlled the urge to play these games and switched to Singleplayer/Campaign/Story based games which are fun to play and also give a sense of satisfaction after you finish them.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
well i was never addicted to cs,dota but i do play them,in games that have sp i do complete them atleast once in easy mode uninstall it then i never play the same game again but i have urge to complete all the games in series specially games like cod,ac,moh i played each and every game.I do once got addicted to fifa.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
i feel addiction is not much of an issue in gaming as long as one doesn't get emotionally attached to the game. If you are addicted to a particular game, it can be easy to break, but once you get emotionally attached, its not that easy.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
i feel addiction is not much of an issue in gaming as long as one doesn't get emotionally attached to the game. If you are addicted to a particular game, it can be easy to break, but once you get emotionally attached, its not that easy.

Can you please elaborate?

gameranand

Living to Play

I feel quite the opposite. Without emotional attachment to the characters, I won't even be able to enjoy the game properly. Hell I still remember everything in F3, New Vegas, DAO, ME series etc. I was emotionally attached to them, so enjoyed the game to my hearts content. :)

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Can you please elaborate?

I feel quite the opposite. Without emotional attachment to the characters, I won't even be able to enjoy the game properly. Hell I still remember everything in F3, New Vegas, DAO, ME series etc. I was emotionally attached to them, so enjoyed the game to my hearts content. :)

I meant to say in case of multiplayer games, like in PvP battles. Some get dominated by a better player, and go hell bent to extract revenge or better them. its always better to accept the fact that the other player is better than you.
Even the attitude of the online community towards a new player plays a role.

Yes, in single player campaign mode, one has to be emotionally attached to the character or npc to enjoy it.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I meant to say in case of multiplayer games, like in PvP battles. Some get dominated by a better player, and go hell bent to extract revenge or better them. its always better to accept the fact that the other player is better than you.
Even the attitude of the online community towards a new player plays a role.

Yes, in single player campaign mode, one has to be emotionally attached to the character or npc to enjoy it.

Try MOBAs.

YOU NOOB!! Do you even lift??
Ret@rd. Uninstall!!

Best one is:
You are feeding so hard, you can literally end world hunger.

Superayush

Tech lover
My boards are going and was recently addicted to game advance wars 2 via emulator but glad completed it so I can revise more :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
MMORPGs can be really addictive. Most stories of life getting ruined by gaming involves some or the other mmo, but that community is also the source of the most support and tips for responsible gaming. it's about continuing to do what you like without letting it affect your social life, work or family.
the grinding requires long hours of killing mobs to get xp, farming requires long hours of opening boxes and killing bosses
some guilds require you to be so active and present for the raids
the competition to get rich, geared, and a good k/d ratio can replace the motivation in the real world to get a job or gf or what have you
one year, spent more money on virtual clothing than real life clothing

wouldn't say I was addicted though, got out of it easily enough. was doing it out of choice because it was fun, and I had the time. Most other players who engaged in such long gaming sessions (16+ hours a day, for months at a time) were not addicted, knew exactly what they were doing, and really had the time to spare. Retired people, school kids on vacation, people with a gap year or taking a break. Cornered one guy who was rising fast on leaderboards, asked him if he was botting, turned out he had an injury and was stuck to a wheelchair for a few months. One thing can say for sure is that something or the other happens, and no one really gets addicted to gaming for soooo long. There are always people saying goodbye to go and "get back to life", so can safely say that the phase of intense, constant gaming naturally does not last very long. and frankly, it wasn't so much the game as the other people playing it that was addictive in that MMO.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I too was addicted to CS 1.6. Even before going steam way, I was fully indulged. But after I went legal, clans clans clans. At least 10hrs of play, continuous night stays, et al, broke my career which still give me a feeling of great remorse.

Haven't seen the game since looong.

Sometimes I feel like playing. Had bought GO the day it launched, but never ever even saw the game how it looks like. :|

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
pointless thread its totally dependent on the person. and if that said person cant decide which more important they the other at a given time then nobody in the world can make him understand.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Try MOBAs.

YOU NOOB!! Do you even lift??
Ret@rd. Uninstall!!

Best one is:
You are feeding so hard, you can literally end world hunger.

"You are the worst teammate in the history of teammates, we are talking about nixon levels here",
"You gave noob a new defination, hope you stay in paper league forever"
some of my favourites lol

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me. !!

LoL pirating games ... thats so old faishoned .. The Origin Humbe Bundle turned it around for me ... :))

roady

Digital Marketer
Well, I was addicted to gaming, mentally and emotionally at a time. There was this wonderful game called Ragnarok Online launched in India and it was love at first sight.
It was addictive enough that I had lost my interest in studies specially when I was preparing for Board exam (10th). I did fair enough but in 11th, I had nearly... flunked. Cause of RO. But 7 years down the line, I do NOT regret gaming. It was one of the best moments of my life. Too bad i'm totally out of it, I have Dota and wow installed but it's been 5 months since I logged in to say just a 'Hi'.

I used to breathe day in and day out of RO, dreaming the same in school haha. But I won't regret.. cause it did teach me a lot of things. Specially the economy. Our elders won't understand that you can still learn something great from gaming. But frankly, you do.

One such example was Economics. I learned that through RO.. how the demand/supply worked. It was enough for me to pass in eco exam in 11th AND 12th without having to mug up answers blindly back then.

Another very subtle example was getting fluent in English. Different people come from different backgrounds and have different level of fluency in english. My case was that english was treated like a hot shot and was laughed upon if anyone would speak it other than in the English lecture. So I had this game (RO, US server) to buckle up my english and today when I meet my school pals, well, they still make blunders in the basics. I don't laugh at them, I just feel content that I learned something great for the future.

Anyway, If you do something that satisfies you AND also if it teaches you something for the long term, go ahead with it. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom