Ripping E-cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaketh

Right off the assembly line
Guys

Warning! Tis is for saving flash files from greeting sites and other such sites without third party softwares. Not for VISHAL GUPTA and others who know it. Still Comments from those people will be accepted ;)

It happens sometimes that while sending Ecards to ur beloved, u might want to keep a copy of it though none of sites allows it. Still u can do it!

I tried it at 123greetings.com and i hope u can manipulate it to other sites also.

After selecting the Ecard and previewing it, view the source of the page and search for the keyword 'swf'. U can use the find feature. (U can also save the page and use Notepad2. Its an opensource replacement for notepad with many many additional features. Thanks to the color coding for tags in it and find feature it will be easy for u to find the keyword.U can use it for other purposes also.Why i'm telling this is bcoz i'm using it ;) If u wanna try just google "notepad2".)

A piece of code sthg like shown below is wat v r looking for:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><!--
embed_flash("*img.123greetings.com/loaders/dynaloader_550x350.swf?ldrName=*img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/ejan_chinese_friends/8658-006_ldr.swf&crdName=*img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/ejan_chinese_friends/8658-006-12-1052.swf",550,350,"sw_mv");
--></SCRIPT>

If u look at it carefully u can see three sites embedded inside the Javascript it and the one which follows 'crdname' is what we need. Copy the site address starting from http upto 1052.swf .ie

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><!--
embed_flash("*img.123greetings.com/loaders/dynaloader_550x350.swf?ldrName=*img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/ejan_chinese_friends/8658-006_ldr.swf&crdName=*img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/ejan_chinese_friends/8658-006-12-1052.swf",550,350,"sw_mv");
--></SCRIPT>

and paste it in new tab and hit enter. Don't panic if u get a blank screen. Actually the file doesn't play by default. Just right click and enable play.Tats it!

In firefox save page as option itself will save flash file while in Opera do remember to give extension as "swf" .Do it urself for IE7 ;) .The one which i highlighted itself is a valid address whish u use to check it out :)

U can this method for saving flash files from other sites like howstuffswok.com , etc.., untill they contain plain source like *img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/ejan_chinese_friends/8658-006-12-1052.swf. ( Open the source and search for 'swf' extension and try that address ) If the address includes php or ? the approach has to be different which i'll dicuss later. but normally it won't be the case.

Hope u guys liked it
-Chaket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom