Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Praka123
damn boy you got your concepts wrong.

Sony Ericsson Firmware is an operating system.
And Its APIs are not released for public
Also even if you know the APIs you can't execute any instruction. The OS does not allow. No binary or exe files in the phone.

Besides they have MIDP that java.. it can hardly do anything. It can only make requests to the OS. Which are all rejected except few like display, sound etc.

Besides the File System is locked. Nothing doing.

praka123

left this forum longback
^Open Source developers can feed themselves for sure.it is an evolving idea.
Open Source depends on paid subscription model(like RHEL) and for custom features you gotta pay a developer. :) Once the whole world understands the ideology ,I think this bad idea of FOSS doesnot want to pay developers will eliminate.

what I understand is,suppose you developed a GPLed software ,may be a media player -you can expect a pay for the "extra" features.while being freedomware ,it spreads through internet to have popularity.
then GPL allows others too to modify the s/w acc. to their needs.that is good and that means Freedom.(unlike those DRM filled mobiles,Vi$ta and all :rolleyes: )

There are big corporations now completely moving to FOSS(novell included).
wait for sometime man :D

*follars.com -see this site.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Arrey yaar enough of free stuff. ;)

I want to sell some software as along as its great software and is closed or open doesn't really matter because its great software. And you can use it for improving your business and share some profit with us by buying our software because we helped you for better profits. :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom