Rig for 40K

flare

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Amateur Photo/Video editing, HD Movies and Casual gaming

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Sure

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 40K

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Never tried it and so unsure.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win 7 64bit?

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 1 TB or so but I already have the drive.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Would prefer a 22 inch HD Screen

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: I'm actually planning to build it my own own this time, though my previous ones were assembled

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Mid November

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: My current one is running for 5 yrs with a few upgrades so you can say so :)

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Hard Disk, Keyboard/Mouse, UPS

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Chennai but willing to shop online from elsewhere too

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I'm leaning towards an Intel Sandy Bridge based comp even though my current AMD based one has been largely trouble free. Also prefer a motherboard and case which supports USB3

mantu008

Processor Intel Core i5 2400 9650
Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 4600
RAM G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1) 1350
Graphic Card Sapphire HD6850 9600
DVD Writer ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD 1150
PSU FSP Saga II 500W 2300
Case NZXT GAMMA 2200
Monitor Benq G2220HD 6950
Total ~39000

OP
F

flare

Thanks for the suggestion.
I have a few questions:
1. Is the MSI MB better than Intel - DH67BL
2. How does MSI R6850 Cyclone PE/OC compare to the GPU that you have suggested?
3. Any alternative for monitor which supports HDMI?

How useful is a GPU for video editing and similar tasks?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
1. Yes.
2. MSI R6850 Cyclone is one of the best 6850 cards available in the market.
3. hmm, but budget is the constraint. Even if I find any, I'll surely post tomorrow.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The thing is you can't play with H67 chipset, can't overclock or increase the Ram frequency over 1333 MHz. So a Intel DH67BL board will just do fine here. The Intel board is also of good quality and lots of our forum members are using it. Apart from all the other features it will offer you four Ram slots. Get it, price is within 5K.

FSP SAGA II 500W is capable enough to handle the system, with HD 6850 added.

OP
F

flare

The thing is you can't play with H67 chipset, can't overclock or increase the Ram frequency over 1333 MHz. So a Intel DH67BL board will just do fine here. The Intel board is also of good quality and lots of our forum members are using it. Apart from all the other features it will offer you four Ram slots. Get it, price is within 5K.

Are you recommending that something like a i5 2500K with Z68 board to OC would be better for my kind of usage?
Don't mind stretching a bit on the budget if that's the case but do I have to worry about the extra heat and noise?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ According to your requirement, you don't need to overclock at any time. But decision rests on you. To afford, 2500K & P67/Z68 mobo, you need to increase your budget.

gs600w will serve some headroom ...good for future changes:)

Top Bottom