Review of Nokia N81/Nokia N81 8Gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

appu

Knowledge Nomad
Review of Nokia N81/Nokia N81 8Gb

Sales package:
Nokia N81 8GB
Wired stereo-headset (HS-45) with remote control (AD-54)
USB data cable (CA-101)
Battery (BP-6MT)
Charger (AC-5)
Positioning

For Nokia the release of the Nokia N81 is a hallmark event in that it is one of the first handset to support its re-launched N-Gage platform. On top of that, within the Nokia’s range this model is about to claim the position of the most affordable multimedia convergent device marrying music, games and imaging under its hood. So as not to pose a threat to the Nokia N95 and the Nokia N95 8 Gb, this device comes with no GPS receiver onboard, but the N81 still ships with local maps, sort of reminding its users that a Nokia-branded external receiver is always up for grabs.

The Nseries line-up is now seeing a very an amusing differentiation of its members. Nokia tries to take some devices to the mass-market using quaint designs and pushy advertising campaigns, like those of the Nokia N76. Another part of its offerings, on the contrary, is jam-packed with features, so as to meet the requirements of the users who put some thought into choosing their new phones and normally have functionality on the top of their priority lists. However even the latter camp has own sub-classes: basic editions and pumped-up versions. The example of the Nokia N95 and Nokia N95 8 Gb shows that the memory volume is not the only thing setting them apart – the 8 Gb’s RAM volume has been modified as well. So it is more of a polished variant of the model with most letdowns of the original handset done away with. Nevertheless, the Nokia N81 stands just outside the latter camp – both version of this phone share the same hardware and are pretty much identical in terms of the materials used, and moreover, they hit the market on the same day.

This product’s target audience is the youth, with 22-30 year old male being its primary focus, while girls and older consumers have been given short shrift. What the company is banking on with the N81 is its gaming department, while other fronts and smarts are not as important. In a certain sense this model is the first go at this field, that starts shipping long before its major constituent, the N-Gage service and N-Gage Arena come along...Read on

I hope u dont think that i am trying to advertise my blog.....coz it had lot of images and all would not show up here i thought of linking this to my blog....also this is not my review but that of mobilw-review.com's...I have just editted it and added in my blog

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
That review is really old and most people here would've read it on M-R. You shouldn't have bothered posting it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom